Need some opinions...girl stuff

little_a
on 6/22/17 9:23 am
VSG on 06/13/17

Okay ladies...So I am a week and two days out from surgery. I have lost around 12 lbs and I was online shopping. I found the cutest skirt and I'm afraid it's going to be sold out soon. Do I buy it in the size I am now or do I buy it a size down given I will be there in a few weeks. What have been your experience with this? I have always wanted a skirt and maybe I'll find one again but I am just so eager!!

Opinions?

A

cmarylose
on 6/22/17 9:27 am

Buy the smaller size. It will serve as a reward for your initial efforts. That said....

If you follow your plan you'll continue to drop sizes so be prepared that you might not be wearing a size down for very long. Many people do the second hand shops till they hit their goal. It's cheaper!

Good luck

"Well behaved women rarely make history!"  Laurel Thatcher Ulrich.

little_a
on 6/22/17 9:31 am
VSG on 06/13/17

You are right but I do have a coupon LOL. I also can't wait to thrift shop because I would go with my friends and they would find good stuff and I never would bc nothing was EVER in my size. Thanks for replying.

A

JenniferShrinks
on 6/23/17 9:42 am
VSG on 11/10/17

SAME. Like "Girl Plato's Closet is having the biggest sale right now! Lets go shopping!!"

I'm thumbing through the racks pretending I don't like anything when in all actuality I just want to fit in something.

Best of Luck!

little_a
on 6/23/17 10:43 am
VSG on 06/13/17

Thank you...I used to never to go Plato's because they never seemed to carry plus sized stuff. I should check it out tho lol. Is it decently priced?

A

22 year old college girl. VSG weight - 255 HW - 282 GW - Healthy.

JenniferShrinks
on 6/23/17 10:46 am
VSG on 11/10/17

Yes! I used to go there all the time before I gained all my weight. They have all stuff from places like Forever 21, Hollister, A&F, H&M, American Eagle, Urban Outfitters etc, for half the original price. You can get a 50$ pair of jeans for 15$ or a $100 dress for 20$. Its fantastic. They also have a GREAT selection of bags and shoes.

little_a
on 6/23/17 5:24 pm
VSG on 06/13/17

Oh my gosh, okay I will def take a look. Thank you!!

22 year old college girl. VSG weight - 255 HW - 282 GW - Healthy.

theAntiChick
on 6/22/17 9:34 am - Arlington, TX
VSG on 08/17/16

I resolved to spend as little money staying clothed as possible through the process. I bought only what was needed to stay appropriately clothed at the office.

The first couple of months, when the fastest weight loss happened, I was changing sizes every couple of weeks. I was lucky that I had saved many clothes at the various weights along the years, so I didn't need to buy anything for quite a while.

I would recommend for a skirt only buying it if it has a drawstring or other adjustable waist, or if it's really inexpensive and you won't be upset at only being able to wear it for a few weeks. And definitely in the smaller size.

If your experience is anything like mine, you'll be amazed at how fast the clothing sizes change. I figured that the tops I started with would be fine, if a bit baggy, for most of the weight loss. At 2-3 months out, I was starting to look clown-ish in those tops, and had to buy a few smaller ones to get by. Pants I lucked out, because I've always been VERY hard to fit, and I had sizes in the back of my closet ranging down 6-8 sizes from my largest. So I didn't have to buy pants until after about 6 months.

Goodwill/resale shops are your best friends through this process. :D

* 8/16/2017 - ONEDERLAND!! *

HW 306 - SW 297 - GW 175 - Surg VSG with Melanie Hafford on 8/17/2016

My blog at http://www.theantichick.com or follow on Facebook TheAntiChick

Blog Posts - The Easy Way Out // Cheating on Post-Op Diet

MissNexxie
on 6/22/17 9:40 am
VSG on 04/30/14

If the skirt is a screaming low price deal then go for it, buy a size smaller and use it as a goal/reward.

However, (speaking from experience), you will lose a lot of weight and go through clothing sizes like crazy and it can get very expensive. You may change clothing sizes every 3 weeks/1 month. What if you buy this skirt and it only fits for a few weeks and then gets too big and you can't wear it anymore. Are you ok with that?

Many people shop thrift while in the losing stage to try not to have to re-mortgage the house, so to spea****il they reach goal. Smaller clothing can become addicting! I would suggest waiting until your current clothes are truly falling off to buy new stuff unless you have an occasion that requires you wear something that fits decently (wedding, etc). There will be many, many cute skirts in your future and if you buy this one it might only fit for a short time. that said, rewards are important, too. You have to decide.

Dresses are a nice option that last through a lot of weight loss with the simple addition of a belt...

Surgery: April 30, 2014: HW: 288 SW: 250 Achieved Goal 149 lbs: April 8, 2015 CW: 158 lbs (working on losing 65 lb regain as of June 1, 2021. Weight was at 215 lbs). Fighting every darn day!

Gwen M.
on 6/22/17 10:55 am, edited 6/22/17 4:19 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I totally switched to wrap skirts after losing about 60 pounds. I've had the same skirts for the last 100 pounds of loss. They were a GREAT investment. :)

These are the long version -- https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008PR663U/

You don't get to choose the colors but $6.50/skirt can't be beat :)

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 63 views