Hard recovery

Bakermama
on 11/12/17 4:10 pm

I'm so sorry to hear you are I'm so much pain Shannon. I have been following your journey and will start my two week pre- op diet tomorrow. I hope you will continue to get a little better every day.

Shannon S.
on 11/12/17 5:20 pm
VSG on 11/07/17

Thank you so much. I'm blessed for it to only be incision site pain and gas. I've been walking more today despite the discomfort, and it does have things moving around more. Good luck on your two week pre-op. It's challenging but doable. Nothing good in life comes easy. Wishing you the best!

(deactivated member)
on 11/12/17 9:36 pm - Overland Park, KS
VSG on 09/18/17

I'm so sorry you're having a rough time. How often and how much are you walking? Even when I didn't feel like hitting the sidewalks outside, I walked like a crazy woman in my house to keep moving in order to avoid the gas pains. Try to make it a goal to get up and walk around for 10 minutes at a time every hour while you're awake even if you don't feel like it. I think walking helps with the gas pains more than anything else you can do.

I, too, had one incision that hurt more than the rest and indeed, it hurt for longer than the rest, but it wasn't unbearable. I know you're a nurse and know how to assess if a wound is healing properly. If the pain persists or you see any signs of infection, call your surgeon.

The good news is that it gets better every day. Hang in there!

Shannon S.
on 11/13/17 3:43 am
VSG on 11/07/17

I've been walking about 10 times per day in the house. Today is the 1st day without my husband so I plan on increasing that. I still have my one incision that is way more sore than the others, but seems pretty normal for that to occur. All incisions look great on the outside. I will definitely call the surgeon if things go the wrong way. Thanks so much!

Paige7
on 11/13/17 5:52 am

Shannon,

I am so sorry that it has been so difficult. I'm hoping that the hardest part is behind you and it gets easier each day. I'm so excited to see what the future brings for you now that you are on the losers bench!

Paige

Shannon S.
on 11/13/17 6:16 am, edited 11/12/17 10:21 pm
VSG on 11/07/17

Thanks so much Paige!!! I would go through it all over if it helps me achieve my weight loss goals!

reree6898
on 11/13/17 6:05 am - TN
VSG on 09/28/15

Those internal stiches are a booger. As others have said the gasX does help and the instant dissolve strips are very fast acting and may help some.

Had VSG on 9/28/15

Lost 161 lbs since surgery, LOST 221 lbs overall so far!!

Shannon S.
on 11/13/17 6:20 am, edited 11/12/17 10:20 pm
VSG on 11/07/17

Thanks so much. Taking two in the morning and two at night. I also found holding the area helps a lot, so I secured it with some medical (retention) tape to give it support. I?ve done everything for myself this morning and prepared a crockpot with homade chicken soup for my family with minimal pain.

reree6898
on 11/13/17 6:34 am - TN
VSG on 09/28/15

Oh good!

Had VSG on 9/28/15

Lost 161 lbs since surgery, LOST 221 lbs overall so far!!

(deactivated member)
on 11/13/17 8:08 am

Hello Shannon,

I am sorry your recovery has been rough and painful. I am also glad it is getting better day by day.

I am about to have mine on Nov22nd and I truly appreciate you sharing the bad as Well as good because I do not want any surprises or as little as possible.

I hope you are feeling better soon and hang in there!

Penny

Most Active