Smoothies????

DominicanOmar
on 3/14/18 7:20 pm, edited 3/15/18 1:25 am
VSG on 02/06/18

I have a smoothie as my breakfast every morning. I only put a little bit of Mango, banana, Spinach, 1 scoop protein powder, and unsweetened Almond milk. I been doing great.

Mell
on 3/15/18 8:27 am

I make mine with 2% plain Greek yogurt, a lemon or orange wedge (with skin), chunk of whole turmeric, and frozen veggies. No fruit besides the orange/lemon wedge. I do them when I am in a hurry and the 2% fat keeps me full. I typically use frozen spinach, cucumbers, and celery. I do enjoy them and it gives me my boost of veggies in the morning!

But I will agree most come with WAY too much fruit (sugar) and some sort of powder that is full of crap.

Mell
Start weight: 320
At surgery:  300
Current:      185
Goal:           175

Valerie G.
on 3/17/18 7:23 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Smoothies usually contain much fruit which is a LOT of sugar, so unless you're doing the crazy green veggie ones with no fruit, it's not a good idea.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

momyshaver
on 3/26/18 8:06 am
VSG on 06/28/17

I am seeing great weight loss with nutrient dense green smoothies. Maybe it depends on the person. I realize that there are smoothies that wouldn't be smart but high protein/low carb green smoothies can work. I am sure my mid day green smoothie might make some dieticians cringe calorie wise but it helps me get protein, fluids, probitoics etc. in. I throw in an entire avocado (which has 23 grams of fat BTW), even fruit (gasp). I use a plant based protein powder with probiotics. Works for me but everyone is different. Tinker around and surely you could find a smoothie that would allow you to lose weight but you might have to plan and be flexible with it

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 63 views