Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Wednesday, 5/30/2018

(deactivated member)
on 5/30/18 5:20 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Good morning. Just finished breakfast, so thought I would get us started before I get ready to leave. Since there's been so much time in between when I got hired and when I start, I asked if there was anything I could do to fill the gaps. I'm not able to work on the unit until I get that last day of training, but they do have busy work I can do. Putting together resource material, etc. Boring stuff, but easy.

I am going out to dinner tonight, so dinner is TBD. Gym after this part day of work and before dinner likely. Was going to get up early and do it, but I felt like sleeping in a bit!

QOTD: What saying/word from the past that isn't used much anymore do you think should come back?

I really like peachy keen, jelly bean. It's adorable.

Erin T.
on 5/30/18 5:26 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Morning! It's going to be another busy day filled with interviews. Luckily the construction held off yesterday, so I'm hoping for that again today.

QOTD: I use the phrase "Heavier than a dead minister" quite often and I think that's a regional thing because people have looked at me like I'm crazy when I've said it.

16 months post-op/Maintenance/131.7lbs

M1: Coffee, PP, Better Half

M2: Egg, Cheese, Avocado

M3: Salmon Pinwheels & Veggies

M4: Pork carnitas & Veggies

M5: Yogurt w/ PB

E: I brought my clothes but we'll see!

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/30/18 5:48 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I seem to be past yesterday's funk this morning. Beach/sun/dog walking must have been the appropriate cure, though I still don't know what caused it (I usually do).

Today is yoga, possibly a bit more beach, and washing the outdoor shower (so I can use it - I love my outdoor shower).

QOTD: Maybe Groovy???? LOL. I'm really not sure - I probably use some out of date ones now but don't know it.

2 Years, 2 months post-op

Always lots of coffee...

B: Eggs scrambled with cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Emiepie egg salad

D: leftover innards of a lobster roll OR leftover halibut

S: yogurt

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

mmsmom
on 5/30/18 6:39 am - Woburn, MA

Good morning. I used a new Alexa device to set an alarm this morning and was so worried it wouldn't work that I woke up 20 times checking the time haha - not only did it go off on time, but it was super loud...gotta fix that!

QOTD: Fooey! I love that word. So much less offensive than the other f word haha

B: steel cut oats, fresh fruit

L: unprepared - maybe a salad from the caf, or 1/2 wrap with turkey

D: leftovers - to choose from: country-style rib cooked in tomato sauce, veal cutlets, angel hair spaghetti, london broil - whatever looks/sounds good or isn't eaten before i get home

E: walk

L/V: on track

VSG on 04/28/2014

Teresa G.
on 5/30/18 8:00 am, edited 5/30/18 1:13 am
VSG on 06/07/18 with

Good morning!

I feel EXHAUSTED. Drained. Foggy brain. Today is day 7 of my pre-op diet and I haven't deviated from it at all. I wonder what I'm going to be like after another 7 days. No wonder everyone loses so much at first and feels so exhausted post-surgery. It's starvation! I have noticed that my protein was lower the last couple days. I'm going to try to keep it higher and see if that helps.
BUT, good news is I'm down over 10 lbs.

I'm also getting a massage after work. My hamstrings and glutes have been so tight and crampy that it hurts to even stand upright..for a few weeks now! Ever since October I've been a mess. It started with plantar fasciitis. Finally got that cleared (4 injections in one foot, 2 in the other) then it was my ankles. Then it was my calves. Now it's my hamstrings and glutes. I guess the fascia is connect from the foot to the top of the shoulders and this crap is just moving its way up. I want it to be OVER already. Orthopedic doctor (quack), osteopath, chiropractor, massage, acupuncture...I'm trying it all! . I'm getting a sit-stand desk which will probably be installed when I'm out on medical leave and I can't WAIT. Sitting on my butt all day long is really messing me up, after doing it for over 35 years.

Question: Do people consider their SW the first day of the pre-op diet, or the day of surgery?

QOTD: Yikes. I can't think of much that I wish would make a comeback. Everything is so politically correct these days, and you've got to be careful of triggering someone. LOL!
Maybe Psyched. (I'm really psyched that I'm going to the concert!)

Teresa (WA State)

VSG on June 7, 2018 (At age 59)
Start of Program (1-1-18): 303 n Surgery Weight: 260 n CW (10-16-18): 203.4 n GW: 175 (first goal)

Ashley P.
on 5/30/18 11:26 am
VSG on 04/04/18

Congrats on your 10 lbs pre-op weight loss; that's fantastic for only being 7 days in! I lost 12 lbs total during my pre-op and was ecstatic. :)

I consider my starting weight, pre-op starting weight, and day of surgery weight as three separate metrics. For instance, I consider my starting weight as the first day I met with my surgeon on this journey to better my health and lifestyle. Here's a snapshot of my stats.

Starting Weight: 239.6
Pre-Op Starting Weight: 234.0
Day of Surgery Weight: 225.0
Current Weight: 199.2
Total Loss: 40.4

I'm also curious as to what others do though...

VSG Surgery Date: 4/4/18 | Starting Weight: 239.6 | Pre-Op Starting Weight: 234.0
Day of Surgery Weight: 225.0 | Goal Weight: 140.0

Teresa G.
on 5/30/18 11:47 am
VSG on 06/07/18 with

You're in Onederville! Congratulations!

Teresa (WA State)

VSG on June 7, 2018 (At age 59)
Start of Program (1-1-18): 303 n Surgery Weight: 260 n CW (10-16-18): 203.4 n GW: 175 (first goal)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/31/18 6:15 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Somehow my reply became a general one, which I deleted (weird).

You are doing excellent! That brain fog will clear once your body gets used to lower calories. AND your orthopedic issues should be much improved as your weight declines.

I tracked:

• HW (high weight) which is when I finally realized I had to do something and started looking into WLS (it happens to be the weight I was at the surgeons office on my first appointment as I didn't have a scale at home after avoiding them for years).
  • Weight Loss pre-op in total (up to the day of surgery)
  • Weight Loss by month while losing (I weighed monthly only on my monthly surgiversary to avoid being freaked out by stalls)
  • Goal Weight (my goal, not the surgeons which was the top of normal BMI)
  • Current Weight (the range I settled into and work at staying in)

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

(deactivated member)
on 5/31/18 7:43 am
VSG on 01/12/17

I saw it in my notifications lol, I was so confused for a moment!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/31/18 7:49 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Sorry about that! I always wondered what happened with notifications when we delete something.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 71 views