Prep shopping for the big event

Noggin
on 6/4/18 7:51 am
VSG on 06/13/18

last night i went shopping to prep for my liquid diet. I start liquids on the 6th. I bought up some premix protein shakes of various flavors, beef and chicken broth, and green and blue sugar free jello. hope that with lots of water will keep me sane. If anyone sees that i might have missed something that might make it easier please let me know. I thank you all for the support that this group brings. Everyone seems so helpful. I hope to be as helpful to others as I go through this process.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/4/18 8:57 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Don't buy TOO many protein shakes! Many people find that their tastes change quite a bit after surgery, and things they liked before WLS end up being really gross after surgery.

I'd suggest looking for some different things to flavor your water. Crystal Light, SF lemonade, Mio drops, decaf tea, and the like can all be very helpful!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Noggin
on 6/4/18 9:11 am
VSG on 06/13/18

thank you. i did forget to mention i bought some decafe green tea bags. I do like the crystal light idea. i have found some that taste like orange crush soda with out the carbination... great ideas that just slipped my mind. I got a pack of each flavor premier shakes just in case. If i don't drink them my son will take them to football practice with him. he drinks them after lifting. so I shouldn't lose to much money on them. That lemonade sounds great. I haven't had lemonade in a long time. I will have to go back and try it.

Melody P.
on 6/4/18 10:00 am - Amarillo, TX

I didn't do as suggested and had to give away the strawberry shakes I had bought post-op. I so second the above post.

I really like herbal teas too.

I made pudding with fairlife fat free milk. It has a lot of protein. You can also use the premier protein to make pudding...even more protein. Also sugar free popsicles saved my life and those around me pre-op. The ability to have a bit of something sweet.

Noggin
on 6/4/18 10:34 am
VSG on 06/13/18

sugar free popsicles sound like a winner. I will have to look for those!!!!!

(deactivated member)
on 6/4/18 9:05 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

I still can't stand strawberry protein shakes. Pre-op, they were my favorite, but I can't stomach them. They're not event he sweetest shake I have, but for some reason my stomach HATES strawberry shakes.

Nanato6
on 6/4/18 10:41 am
VSG on 06/27/18

I'm having my VSG surgery on June 27. I just saw my dietician. My pre-surgery liquid diet consists of 5 Glucerna (various flavors) per day, plus 1 cup 1% milk with 1 scoop of Boost Just Protein, plus 4-6 cups calorie free drinks (no carbonation). I am not allowed to have any other foods or liquids (no jello or broth). I have a hard time drinking water so I make iced tea with Celestial Seasonings Bengal Spice herb tea. It's herbal and cinnamon so it's naturally sweet, no caffeine and can count as your water for the day. And delicious hot or cold (but I particularly like it cold and can drink up to 12 glasses of that a day easy). Good luck with your surgery!

HisNameDaeDae
on 6/5/18 6:24 am
VSG on 04/17/18 with

Goodluck to you.

I didnt buy any protein shakes until phase 2 of the diet. Still have a couple of left. Being that i was only able to drink 4oz a day. The taste wasnt the best. But during the liquid stage for two weeks, i enjoyed the sugar free ice pops and some diluted Gatorade, crystal lite was ok, but you have to get the flavors you enjoy. Jello was a bit of a kicker for me because it never went down the right way so i gave it up until Phase 3, it actually started to go down again. Make sure you stay hydrated, your not getting a lot of carbs so Viatmin Water also worked for me if you enjoy them, and some liquid protiem drinks (Premier drinks). Broth broth broth it tasted so DIGUSTING i finally found the perfect two, it was the low-salt/low sodium one tasted perfect, and well up north in Jersey i had purchased some from the Chiense restaurant and it was delicious lol. It's funny this new body of yours your trying all new things some things agree early on and then some dont, but will agree later on in the process.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 66 views