Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Wednesday, 6/13/2018

Kristi T.
on 6/13/18 10:03 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

I couldn't agree more! Be specific when you offer to help someone:-)

Gwen M.
on 6/13/18 5:40 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

Exactly! But, in a way, I'm glad that it irritated me so much because now I know not to do that to other people :D

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/14/18 7:23 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I know what you mean. When you are in place where you need help coping you don't have the capability to make a decision on what you "need" (nor do you know what they are willing to do). I absolutely wish people would say: I will take your husband here; I will make dinner on Tuesday.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Kristi T.
on 6/13/18 10:23 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning! I admire your ability to not procrastinate Gwen!

I was terrible at Mahjong last night, I was so tired I could barely keep my eyes open! Needless to say I didn't win any hands, maybe next week:-)

I have some beautiful tomato plants that desperately need to go in the ground, but it has been dropping into the low 30's at night so they will stay in the house for another week. I still don't have any flowers planted yet either, we are having a very late summer this year. Other than taking my mother to see her PCP today, I have no other plans for the day. I am anxious for my summer job to start, one more week.

QOTD-"How did you do it?" I actually don't mind when people ask me this. I have a neighbor who asks me this EVERYTIME she sees me. I saw her at the grocery store a few weeks ago and she asked me AGAIN!Something happened in my brain and I said "Lots of coffee and cigarettes"(which of course is not true) I was as surprised as she when that came out:-)

B-Bullet Coffee

L-1 hb egg, lemon pepper cottage cheese and 1/2 grapefruit (if needed)

S-Chai tea w/cream & stevia

D-Chicken waldorf salad

S-Turkey jerky (if needed)

E-Short hike with Emmy

I hope everyone has a peaceful and safe Wednesday!

Gwen M.
on 6/13/18 5:41 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

Not procrastinating goes in fits and spurts. Some days are awesome, other days suck. Last week, after getting Invisalign, I spent a lot of time reading random short stories because the pain was too distracting to be productive!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

CC C.
on 6/13/18 7:18 pm

Lots of coffee and cigarettes...

You ought to give a different ridiculous answer every time:

Tapeworms

Dysentery

Raspberry Ketones and Green Tea Extract

Hypnotism

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/14/18 7:24 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

YES!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Kristi T.
on 6/14/18 8:30 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

I might have to do just that!!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/13/18 11:15 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I forgot a question that I have heard numerous times this week: "Can you eat like a normal person?" or similarly "What can't you eat?".

(deactivated member)
on 6/13/18 11:23 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Good morning, or afternoon I guess since its 1 pm lol. I slept as late as I could. Had gone to bed about 4:20 this morning and woke up at noon. Will take a 30-45 minute nap before work tonight though. I feel much less stressed than I was yesterday, thankfully. Meals are all packed up for lunch, minus the one I'll eat before work that's fairly carb heavy. I was happy, my body seems to no longer be hating me for changing everything about what I was doing and the scale finally had moved when I got on it this week (Only twice in the last week, progress!). Everything I read says it is so easy to gain weight while working night shift, but I figure if I don't eat anything but what I plan for, I won't. They order take out a lot around 10-11pm before places close and then by 12 or 1 everyone wonders why they're dragging behind. All that terrible food!

QOTD: The normal weightloss stuff "How did you do it?" Don't over eat is essentially the advice I give them, and actually keep track of what you eat, buy a food scale. Ofc, that is usually a step too much for a lot of people. When I was at my worst in depression, I hated hearing this from family "You don't need a therapist, just get out of the house more and be around more people." Not really a question. Or from my mother, who is the largest portion of why I was ever like I was "What has happened to you to make you depressed?" Shall I write a list for her? That was part of the stress of family. Dealing with her and then her saying things like "What have I done to deserve this?" I don't wish ill on anyone, but I do believe that if you put poison into the world, you will get it back at some point. It slays me that she just doesn't understand the things she has done.

I have decided the risk of being pulled into a 1:1 observation all night is pretty strong, and I won't get the same access to my food at the times I like. I'm currently working on my contingency plan of things I can throw in my bag to keep with me that won't need refrigerated. Protein bars, nuts, jerky, pork rinds if need me, etc. Thought about getting one of those packit lunch boxes that supposedly keep things cold for 10 hours.

Vits have been on track, exercise not so much as I've been adjusting. I did this when I started my last job too, my gym gets put on the back burner for a few weeks. Though I will try to get some running in before bed maybe. No idea yet if it will wake me up, or make me tired enough to crash!

Most Active