jule R.’s Posts

jule R.
on 4/14/23 6:43 am
Topic: RE: 2011 VSG'ers check in

Hi!

I had the VSG back in 2011. This forum was my savior for a number of years. Life got in the way and I was not on often. I kept the weight off for a good amount of time. 2020 rocked me. Lost a family member and it destroyed me. Gained a lot of weight back. I have recently had a revision surgery (endo-procedure / stapled from inside my stomach) I feel lost. I do not even remember most of the things I did in the beginning. Liquid diet right now.

New surgeon said this is normal. That after about 10 years your stomach goes back to regular size. I am pretty sure it was emotional eating that did it for me, but never the less, here I am. So anyone from 10+ years on here still? And if so, how are you doing?

jule R.
on 4/23/18 6:19 am
Topic: RE: VGS Veterans at 6 years+ post op (weight maintenance advice)

I was sleeved in 2012 went from 250 to 160 at my lowest. I have gone up to 190 and have hung out here for a while now. When weight loss is not my main focus, it is very easy for weight to creep back on. Maintainance is super difficult for me. I have also lost my drive to go to the gym and my schedule doesnt make it easy. When I have to go out of my way to go it becomes a chore. I feel like my life is 100% more stressful lately and im always "running" around, but in reality I'm just driving my kids from place to place and not doing much physical activity. I recently started scrolling through the message boards again/ This website helped me so much when I was loosing in the begining. I am glad you wrote this post. Hopefully I'll see some vets from when I was first sleeved and I can get my motivation back.

jule R.
on 9/14/15 8:32 am
Topic: RE: Back after 4 years

Im in a similar situation. Had the sleeve 3 years ago. Got as low as 160. I kept my weight good around 170 and I was happy (270 being my highest) I was able to maintain for about 1 year. As of today I've gotten back up to 187!! I am so upset :( I am back to basics as of today am starting fre**** is so easy to let old habits slip back in (night eating etc.) I am hopeful though! I did this once.. 17 lbs is NOTHING compared to 100 I lost!!! good Luck to yoU! We can do this!!!

jule R.
on 5/8/15 8:19 am
Topic: RE: Protein recommendations needed!

Your right it mixes really well, coffee gives me my energy and a different taste, but it mixes similarly to the way water mixes with it. TY!

jule R.
on 5/8/15 8:17 am

Hi everyone,

Thank you again for all your recommendations! I ordered and tried the Syntrax Nectar(Vanilla Bean Torte and Chocolate Truffle) I am so pleased. Both taste really good, they mix well in my coffee (I prefer the chocolate in my coffee) and I use the Vanilla with cashew milk (which is awesome if you are a milk person def try it - Silk Unsweetened Cashew Milk, 25 cals and 1 carb per serving) So, so far today: 2 shakes, one w/coffee one w/cashew milk & I'm at 227 cals and 46g protein, and 1 carb! I love it! Thanks so much again guys,

TGIF! Have a great weekend!

jule R.
on 4/25/15 9:33 am

Will check it out  Thanks!

jule R.
on 4/25/15 9:31 am

Thanks for your recommendations! 

jule R.
on 4/25/15 2:01 am

Hey all. I have been using a certain protein with my coffee every morning, and recently the calories and carbs have changed! Thank goodness I looked before buying because I am am trying to get back on track (I go up and down about 10 lbs and currently at a high point) and don't need the extra carbs. Can someone please recommend their favorite chocolate protein powder (preferably one that mixes well with coffee)? I have seen people say they can get samples before buying but haven't been successful in finding that thread...  Thanks for your reply!

jule R.
on 5/20/14 8:49 am
Topic: RE: Failure to speak up

I wanted to say something here because this is a battle I find internally often. Did I speak up enough, did I not do enough, did I flip out for the wrong reasons, should I have handle this situation another way, why didn't I say this or that... Holding on to that is a burden. I say let it go. The guy is a jerk, there are plenty of them out there. Sometimes just the way you walk off or don't feed into the bullying is the best thing to do. I think what you did was awesome. Some people laugh out of natural reaction and then later feel crappy. You did the right thing, you let him know you didn't approve of his comment. Your husband did too in his own way. And you know what, with his mentality I'm sure he misses out in really great things in life by judging people that way. F him and let it go, I say. Mental health is just as important as physical health and why let another person's warped perceptions of women bring you stress? AND now your angry at yourself! DONT BE! YOU did nothing wrong!

jule R.
on 3/18/14 3:57 am
Topic: RE: Whatcha eating today VSGers...Tuesday!!

B: Coffee w/ chocolate protein powder

S: chicken broth

L: canned chicken with thousand isl.dressing

S: ?

D: trying for another shake

water: so far 64oz + the broth

vitamins: done

Exercise: 20 m cardio

hoping to get back on track and loose the 10 lbs I have gained...

jule R.
on 3/5/14 2:45 am
Topic: RE: with tears i post ..head hunger help wanted

It gets better and the results will be worth it!!! Tips on dealing with Head Hunger, for me it was the action of putting food in my mouth. So I would sip hot broth-(helps with being cold also) always made me feel full. Hope it helps!

jule R.
on 3/5/14 2:40 am
Topic: RE: I Worked Out Today! Did You? - HUMP Day!

15 min of cardio this morning... got out late but I GOT THERE! :) 

jule R.
on 8/14/13 8:20 am
Topic: RE: Which Protein and When

Thanks that is very informative! 

jule R.
on 5/7/13 7:14 am
Topic: RE: the truth

Thank you for the support!

jule R.
on 5/7/13 5:07 am
Topic: RE: Restriction almost a year out...I rambled some, sorry!

I have about the same restriction as you and I am 1 yr 3 months out. I am still never really hungry, though. But when I do eat, I can eat more than I could in the beginning and that became true for me about 7 months out.

jule R.
on 5/5/13 12:06 am
Topic: RE: Getting Motivated!

I am so back to my old- sleeve self. I have been tracking every day. Got those carbs out of my system, and I feel no hunger again. I was 162 this AM which is the same as the last few days but I am not depressed I know it will move because I am back to basics. To keep me focused I've been thinking of all the incredible things that have come from my weight loss..

HULA HOOPING! LOL 

My kids are proud of me! they say i am skinny! WOW

I can fit into the nicest clothes (and junior size are so much cheaper than plus size)

MY KNEE HIGH BOOTS (one of my favorite NVS)

I can go on any ride at any amusement park and fit comfortably

I never worry about fitting into a chair or booth

I am NORMAL size

I don't hide from a camera or have to pose a certain way. I know I look good

I am more energetic- I don't ever say no i don't want to go out because i am feeling lazy - its more likely because i don't want the extra calories that come with going out with friends. lol

I have become an amazing cook! I made my own version of food with lower cal meat (turkey instead of beef etc) and people beg for the recipes

My kids are healthy!

My family has all starting living healthier including my parents and siblings ( I MOTIVATE others!)

People at work have started their own fitness routine based on what I do at the gym (I MOTIVATE others!)

Guy**** on me ALLL THE TIME!  (the other day a guy turned while I was stopped at a stop sign.. slowed down and almost crashed to blow a KISS at me!! (I am happily married but I get a high when things like that happen)

My hands are not swollen blobs. They are slim and beautiful

My shoe size dropped 1/2 a size and I'm not a "wide" shoe anymore

My ankle which is always getting sprained doesn't hurt anymore

I have a beautiful neck and collar bones!

I am not the fattest person in the room

I don't feel self conscious ordering food or talking about food.

I am totally beautiful and I love myself like I never have before (the BEST one so far)

So what motivates you to get up, dust yourself off and get back to basics when you have been in a stall or being "bad"? Someone here recently posted about how its a lifestyle. Sometimes I get it in my head that the weight won't come back and that I can eat what I want because it is in moderation. THAT'S NOT ME! I will never be that girl that eats whatever she wants and looks great! It will always be a struggle for me but I am strong and I am worth it so I will get on this and do what I need to do EVERDAY! Who's with me?

jule R.
on 5/4/13 11:39 pm
Topic: RE: I am almost 6!!

Thanks for posting it is reassuring to see someone far out who has succeeded in keeping the weight off! Great job! 

jule R.
on 5/4/13 11:41 am
Topic: RE: update..

Its so terrible I have NO before pictures that really show how heavy I was.. I am hidden behind something in every pic I have! I will try to find something to post up I would love to see a comparison myself because I sometimes don't see it in the mirror..

jule R.
on 5/4/13 4:12 am
Topic: RE: NVS

Today for the first time EVER I tried a hula hoop and I can actually do it! I guess since I have always been over weight I never had a waist.. LOL but HOLY WTF I couldn't believe it!!! I actually ran back inside to type this, and I am running back out to play with the kids. :) Smiling from ear to ear :)  Still stalled if anyone has been watching my last few posts, stuck at 162 but I am doing very well controling myself with carbs and tracking so I am confident that will not stay for long. Enjoy this beautiful day if you are in NYC over here its beautiful!

jule R.
on 5/1/13 3:37 am
Topic: RE: update..

Im down to 162 as of this AM! OK so it's 1 lb less than my lowest in Jan but its a start. I have been tracking everything again and it is helping.. Wish me luck! I so want to see the scale at 145! I know they say don't obesses on the #.. oh well

jule R.
on 4/28/13 2:25 am

I am definitely eating more than I thought with all the "little bites" of bad foods. Yesterday I tracked EVERYTHING in MFP and I was no where near 800 cals. Although, my nut wants me around 1000 with the exercise I do, I am going to try 600-800 again like I did in the beginning and see if that can get me to drops some lbs.

jule R.
on 4/27/13 8:36 am

yeah 

jule R.
on 4/27/13 4:54 am

Thanks for the encouragement! I am definately going back to tracking and portion control again. Canned tuna was my go-to I think I am going to start eating more of that. As for keeping busy, I was never a good knitter. lol but I am going to start looking into ways to keep busy when I am home (other than cleaning!)

jule R.
on 4/27/13 4:52 am

I stopped measuring after about 8 months because in eating the same thing and same portion almost every day I can see what the serving size is and was doing very well that way. The main reason I think, is that I have so much else going on now, as compared to after surgery I kept to myself and focused only on weight loss. Now I am enjoying life more, which comes with eating with friends and family and not having measuring utensils. When I am home I still measure thats how I can tell I am eating around 6-8 oz of food per sitting.

jule R.
on 4/27/13 2:24 am

I am 1 yr 3 mnths out. Have not lost anything since Jan. this year. I am a steady 163-165 depending on the day. I am not upset and I kind of stalled and figured that was it for my weight loss. I decided I'm not happy at this weight and I am going to go back to basics but it is SOOOO hard now.  First off, my stomach can hold 6-8 oz food depending on what food it is. So I now have to start weighing my food every time I eat again. I also have stayed away from carbs from day one and now I am slowly letting them back in .. and not just with veggies..I crave chocolate and sugar and it is a struggle to stay away from that. The bad stuff doesn't fill me or satisfy. In fact I could probably eat an endless amount of candy and sweets if I wanted too. I have zero restriction with that garbage. So I am going to really try my hardest to stay away like I did in the beginning. Also, I found that when I am home I have this urge to eat like I did pre-surgery like anything and everything. Its really awful and I know I am not even hungry its just that I am there and I guess I'm bored.. idk. I haven't gain thank goodness ( I am still working out religiously every single day ) but I really would love to be a size 8 and around 140-145 which is my goal I just get discouraged. In the beginning when the weight was coming off fast I felt like I could get there. now that it is a struggle I am doubting that. So thats it. just wanted to post my demons for the OH board to see and share some on what it is like for me over 1 year out!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views