56sunShine14’s Posts

56sunShine14
on 2/7/15 1:21 am
Topic: RE: Can you still have surgery with this?

Your doctor is the best one to ask for this but as far as the reflux, I had it for so long but it stopped IMMEDIATELY after I had the band removed. Hmmmmmm..

All posts that I make on this site, any forum, are a result in my having experience and caring for anyone having to go through life as an obese person. If you have medical issues, please see your doctor for medical advice.

Karen

56sunShine14
on 2/1/15 11:47 pm
Topic: RE: Drug Test, round 2

just wondering, if you don't mind saying, what is your insurance?  That sounds weird.

All posts that I make on this site, any forum, are a result in my having experience and caring for anyone having to go through life as an obese person. If you have medical issues, please see your doctor for medical advice.

Karen

56sunShine14
on 1/27/15 11:18 pm
Topic: RE: I lost my biggest cheerleader today

I am so sorry that you lost your father.  And this post is a very loving tribute. Hugs!

Karen

56sunShine14
on 1/25/15 12:15 am
Topic: RE: So much for support

I agree with Tanya H., best advice ever because it is true!  Mothers, yours included, want only the best.  But that doesn't mean they will always know what "the best" is.  She IS proud of you AND afraid for you, for all the things that can go wrong both in surgery and after.  Afraid YOU may not be aware of everything included because she sure isn't.

Comfort her fears, ask for her support and follow through with your decision.  This is what will make her be the support you need, by supporting yourself first.

Karen

56sunShine14
on 1/18/15 1:52 am
Topic: RE: And that's why they called it the curse

I am finally done with that crap!  And I love it!! 

Karen

56sunShine14
on 1/17/15 3:00 am
Topic: RE: Blender bottle!

or...it looks like if you take the small whisk and break or unscrew the handle, that would do the same, wouldn't it?  Nice product either way.

Karen

56sunShine14
on 1/16/15 12:07 am
Topic: RE: Ideal Protien

I am guilty of trying to use the wrong thinking sometimes.  Maybe, instead of trying to get the sleeve to work with you, try working with the sleeve.  Maybe that will simplify things a bit.

Karen

56sunShine14
on 1/16/15 12:04 am
Topic: RE: Feet?

Karen

56sunShine14
on 1/16/15 12:03 am
Topic: RE: First Nutrition Visit...Several things

HI Jack,

I too am a former bandster, had mine removed last July and prepping for the Sleeve.  I know where you have been with it and hope your next journey goes much better.  The only thing I have left is the pre-surg. weight loss required by my surgeon.  I have been having a difficult time and finally figured out that, altho I was eating and drinking the right things, I was graing on them more days than not.  Now, I am finally on track.

I wish you well.  :)

Karen

56sunShine14
on 1/15/15 11:58 pm
Topic: RE: Today is my 6th month post op with Pic's

You look FANTASTIC!!!!  You must feel so much better too.

Karen

56sunShine14
on 1/8/15 8:40 am
Topic: RE: Long Time No See, Exciting News & **3 Year Update Pictures **

Ryan, you were good looking then and HOT now!!  You and your wife make a great lookin couple!  It's so nice to see men on here who were not afraid to take the journey.  Beautiful family!

Karen

56sunShine14
on 1/7/15 9:58 am
Topic: RE: Unjury Unflavored ideas and advice

A friend told me to take 8 oz. cold water, 8 oz. skim milk and one scoop of the powder, shake well and drink.  I wouldn't be able to taste it at all, just the milk.  I am leary tho because when I added it to my coffee, I almost puked n it.  Don't let that scare you tho.  I can smell and taste vodka and supposedly you aren't going to smell or taste it.

Karen

56sunShine14
on 1/7/15 12:08 am
Topic: RE: Wowza! How slow do I need to eat? The pain....

Try to remember, pork tenderloin, or any pork is very dense.  It is not like hamburger, already processed.  So, not only will it fill you better, it takes longer to digest.

Karen

56sunShine14
on 1/3/15 12:22 am
Topic: RE: Looking good to others but not myself

I actually agree with the surgeon, waiting one year after hitting decent weight/BMI.

Think of it this way:  one year after hitting and maintaining decent weight loss or goal, I (meaning you) can be fairly certain that: I feel I can stay with the program and keep it off, I won't have to worry every single day if I will regain, etc...- find all the positives of waiting that are out there. 

Before you know it, your time is there.

Karen

56sunShine14
on 1/2/15 8:15 am
Topic: RE: Help with pain - suggestions

Yup...that about sums it up. Lol. Leave it to the government.

I would meet with the surgeon and get things straightened out.

Karen

56sunShine14
on 1/2/15 7:10 am

Angelina,  I don't think nurses can give prescriptions can they?  Especially for schedule 1 narcotics such as Tramadol.  Even at my vets office, the vet has to fill my dogs script for Tramadol and now the state makes us fill out a form with drivers license number on it.

I am really confused about your post.  PLEASE help me understand this.

Karen

56sunShine14
on 1/2/15 3:29 am

I am confused - you received 2 - 3 day supplies but stretched them both out to last a week?  That's the first problem right there isn't it?  You were given the pain pills for a reason, not intended to be stretched out.

Flexeril is only a muscle relaxer, not a pain reliever.  Tramadol probably doesn't touch that type of pain.

Please call your doctor for an appointment

Karen

56sunShine14
on 1/2/15 3:23 am
Topic: RE: New Multivitamin!

I am pre-op but need multi's as well as 4 calcium citrates a day. They are all HORSE pills! Took me several weeks but I can swallow them if I cut them in halves now.

Karen

56sunShine14
on 1/2/15 3:00 am
Topic: RE: Sale on shakes at Costco and Sams and question

Gonna have to go to Costco.

Karen

56sunShine14
on 12/31/14 1:32 am
Topic: RE: Frustrated with weightloss surgeon!

I also feel it may not be so much about him making more money but about covering his arse in case you had reason to sue him.  Go to a different town and find a different surgeon.  But they will want the records I spoke of above.

Karen

56sunShine14
on 12/31/14 1:28 am
Topic: RE: Frustrated with weightloss surgeon!

I haven't even finished reading your post and I am telling you, not asking , not advising, TELLING you - RUN!!!!

Get a different, better and healthier surgeon - NOW.  There is nothing more to say here.  Don't even say anything to him, maybe ask for your surgery records.  you don't have to go thru his office I don't think to do this.  Call the medical Records office at the hospital where you had surgery and request a full copy of your bariatric surgery, including all of the surgeons notes.

Karen

56sunShine14
on 12/26/14 10:28 am
Topic: RE: Late post - 8 month check in - Pic

You look great Amber!! I wondered where you had gone.

Karen

56sunShine14
on 12/26/14 10:22 am
Topic: RE: I hate my sleeve

I think it may be that anyone who has a body altering surgery, goes thru this "what did I do" stage shortly after surgery.

When I had my first knee replacement, I asked myself that question for the first few weeks. And then I stopped.  When I did the second knee 2 years later, I didn't ask, I already knew how soon I would LOVE what I did.

Is it possible that what you need to do for your dog is exacerbating your feelings?  I know how terribly hard it is to do from experience and it may be in the subconscious making everything seem worse.  It certainly would be with me.

HUGS and take it easy on yourself.  You are dealing with more than you realize.

Karen

56sunShine14
on 12/25/14 12:37 am
Topic: RE: Merry Christmas... Lost 51 lbs since first weigh in...

YAY for you Bill!!!   Now you can really have a Merry Christmas!!

Karen

56sunShine14
on 12/18/14 11:41 pm
Topic: RE: Advice needed

My first thought is maybe you aren't chewing well enough but you say you are.

It sort of seems that your new tummy doesn't like the ham lunchables. I would try some deli ham, a couple slices.  See what happens. Ham has serious nitrates and sodium and lunchables are highly processed.  

Either way, you are not describing foamies. Foamies happen like it does right before you vomit, in your mouth not the tummy. You get a lot of saliva suddenly building up in your mouth. Sometimes, instead of vomiting, I would blow some outrageous bubbles thinking I was going to vomit. To me, that and excess saliva constituted foamies.

See what you are eating that your tummy doesn't like.  Good luck.

Karen

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views