11Jenn11’s Posts

11Jenn11
on 4/12/14 11:56 am
Topic: RE: post op visit

Had my 2 week post op visit yesterday. Officially monday is 2 weeks. I drove for the first time which hurt like heck and was 1.5 hours of me holding my stomach over every turn and bump. I've dropped my bmi 7% 345- 290. I was 315 pre surgery so I dropped 25lbs in 11 days.  My surgeon said I could graduate to puree but im waiting until april 20th since im still in lent and not eating anything. It will be nice every year to have 40 days of just protein shakes. Its kind of like a yearly revamp. Also.....

Today has not been easy, its my birthday and I'm alone all day :-( . Cant wait till next year when I turn 27 and will be smaller than I was in middle school :-D

First day back to work tomorrow :-\ in healthcare so im not sure how this will go. Wish me luck. Hope everyone is having a great day.

Whatever will be, will be

11Jenn11
on 4/10/14 4:18 am
Topic: RE: First Post: Saying Hello and a question...Having VSG, but live alone

All I would say is make sure you have everything you need above waist. Meaning you wont want to bend over to grab anything. Other than that I didn't need any help. 

11Jenn11
on 4/7/14 12:40 pm
Topic: RE: exactly 1 week post op, first goal reached!

Yea it really freaked me out and I was disapointed to weight more than at my pre op appointment. Just drink drink drink and walk walk walk those I.v fluids away. And pee of coarse :-P

11Jenn11
on 4/7/14 12:38 pm

It is! 

11Jenn11
on 4/7/14 12:37 pm

I had a couple complications. One I was too out of it to remember and will ask at my post op. The other was a hernia and the surgeon repaired it and had to close the opening of my stomach tighter than normal. I had difficulty drinking anything and was held an extra day. In the hospital I just slept, walked, tried to drink, repeat. The incision where they remove your stomach will be the worst. I am walking as much as I can then I feel burning pain there and lay down to massage it because that's what I was told to do in order to loosen the stitches during healing or something like that. I've been off pain meds since i returned home because it tastes awful and i dont want to deal with recovering from it. Cant think of anything else but feel free to ask since its so fresh for me. Good luck! 

11Jenn11
on 4/7/14 7:44 am

Thank you! 

11Jenn11
on 4/7/14 7:43 am
11Jenn11
on 4/7/14 7:21 am

Thanks! Im glad I got so many fluids too because that's what got me up every hour to use the restroom then walk the floor. :-)

11Jenn11
on 4/7/14 7:18 am
Topic: RE: Big relief!

Woooooo! So exciting. Good luck with your journey

11Jenn11
on 4/7/14 7:15 am

Thank you very much. I've been so miserable for the last week and today is the first time I'm happy. 

11Jenn11
on 4/7/14 7:14 am

YES! Never thought id be so happy to be 299 pounds. Lol

11Jenn11
on 4/7/14 7:13 am

Thank you!

11Jenn11
on 4/7/14 6:49 am

Finally under 300lbs. 

Hw- 345

Po- 305

2 days after surgery- 319 (darn water weight)

Cw-299.5

I gained 14 lbs from when I left for the hospital to when I came home 2 days later. Very sad with all those fluids pumped in me. After walking them all out I finally lost those 14 and an additional 5.5 to get me under 300 FINALLY. Down almost 20 pounds in like 5 days........ not too shabby.

11Jenn11
on 4/3/14 1:40 am
Topic: RE: im sleeved!!!!

Thank you!  I wasn't expecting this much pain but I knew it was going to hurt.  Everyone keeps saying "no pain, no gain" I BETTER NOT GAIN. Lol

11Jenn11
on 4/3/14 1:38 am

Thank you!  I was starting to get worried I would be defective or something because my dads wife didn't have that when she was sleeved so I thought maybe it was from the hernia. Then again I'm a lot bigger than she was. Anyways Thanks again!!

11Jenn11
on 4/2/14 1:13 pm

And it still doesnt feel real. My stomach keeps screaming that it very much IS real. Apparently the doc found a couple issues. One was a hernia he had to repair and when he did that he was forced to make my stomach opening smaller than he intended.  Now every time I swallow a drink I get an air Bible.  My incisions all burn like heck when i move but after2 days in the hospital I'm finally home to recover. Boy do I miss my morphine pump. Hopeful that in a couple days this will all be worth it. And I don't know what else the doc found because he told my dad who has no memory lol. Did anyone else look like they had a chunk taken from just under the skin? I have a big canyon in my belly and no way its from my sleeve?

11Jenn11
on 3/30/14 3:25 pm
Topic: RE: Surgery in the morning

Thank you, I hope so

11Jenn11
on 3/30/14 3:24 pm

Thank you. All the prayers are much appreciated. 

11Jenn11
on 3/30/14 3:23 pm

Thank you! 

11Jenn11
on 3/30/14 12:46 pm

I just wrote a whole page about my story for my profile so i wont post a book here lol. I'm very nervous right now but I'm all packed and ready to drive the hour and a half to my dads house so he can drive me to the hospital for my 6 a.m check in. I took 2 weeks off work and made sure everything was done and ready for my assistant to get through without me so i wont worry about work (yea right).  Surgery is scheduled for 8 a.m so ill be the first of the day. i didn't do as good as i wanted on my pre-op diet but i still lost 10 lbs in 2 weeks ( i really only started the diet last Saturday though since my surgeons nurse said that was enough). I did have a few last meals and it made me really think about the fact that i wont be able to eat like that again. I keep thinking i wont eat normal again and then i remember I've NEVER eaten normal and that's why I'm here in the first place lol. It will be odd but hey im sure ill be under 300 by my 26th birthday on the 12th. Anyways I'm scared for whats to come but ready to walk through the door. See you on the other side. 

11Jenn11
on 3/22/14 2:39 pm
Topic: RE: I think I'm nesting??

Thats what i did the next day. first i cleaned out EVERYTHING and i mean everything. then i went out and got all the things i would need for post surgery and my cupboards are still mostly empty lol. 3 giant jugs of protein powder on top of my fridge and a cupboard full of vitamins....... i guess this is life now. :-)

11Jenn11
on 3/20/14 1:04 pm
Topic: RE: I think I'm nesting??

Cleaned house today! and not the typical cleaning. I mean i cleaned through my fridge and cupboards. probably should have done it a while ago but i never eat at home so it hasn't come up. anyways i cleaned out EVERYTHING and now i have no food lol. did everyone else do this? i look like a poor person now with these empty cupboards but i don't want the temptation in my home. normal right?? Surgery is in 10 days!!!! 

11Jenn11
on 3/18/14 2:06 pm
Topic: RE: To tell or not to tell

Hi everyone! hope you are all doing great. 

Anyways i was just wondering how many of you actually told the people around you that you were having wls? Ive decided not to tell people. my step mother had the surgery and we have pushed for me to get approved before my insurance gets cut off so she knows and i just told my dad last week (about a week after i found out my insurance approved) . i didn't plan on telling him but im glad i did because he said he would have been upset if i didn't tell him. anyways besides him and 2 of my close friends/coworkers i have not told anyone and do not plan on telling anyone else including my family/mother. 

My surgery is scheduled for the 31st and everyone at work thinks im going on vacation for 2 weeks. i dont ever eat at work anyways so nobody notices that im on a liquid diet so thats good. did anyone else keep it a secret? ive even thought about telling people im having a different surgery .......... i dont feel ashamed or anything i just dont want the attention but i have a feeling when i start dropping pounds ill be getting it regardless. 

In the end its my decision but im sure some of you went through this and im hoping you can give me some insight into how it worked out for you. my dads wife doesn't work so its hard to ask her these questions since her life is very different from mine. 

thank you everyone and i hope you have a wonderful evening.

11Jenn11
on 3/17/14 3:10 pm
Topic: RE: I feel nothing.........

I'm not really feeling anything. if anything it feels like its not really happening. I'm turning 26 on April 12th and my insurance will end so my surgery is very last minute (VSG). I'm fortunate that my insurance came back with approval after just 2 days. I got all my pre op appointments completed in 30 days. everything's falling into place and yet it still doesn't feel real. Anyone else feel like this before surgery? I guess maybe when i start my liver shrinking diet on the 18th it will start to feel real maybe? Did anyone else go through this?

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 68 views