Abby2015’s Posts

Abby2015
on 12/1/15 12:36 pm
Topic: RE: Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Tuesday

I'm trying to eat more carbs so I'm not so cranky. 

B: Half a Jimmy Dean light breakfast turkey sandwich

L: Half a bagel with peanut butter

D: I'll have tuna with light mayo and a cucumber

S: Babybel Cheese on a piece of celery

E: About to leave for the gym for 45 minutes of cardio and 15 minutes of weights

Surgery 9/9/15  SW 280/CW 263.8/GW 140

Abby2015
on 10/1/15 5:41 am
Topic: RE: Eating out is a little anxiety producing!

We went there last night and I had a cup of chili.  I'm on the mushy phase still though (about to go to soft) and I didn't think I could handle eating steak.  

Abby2015
on 9/30/15 8:04 am
Topic: RE: Going from Lap-Band to Sleeve

I was banded in 2008 and I've been miserable with it the last few years.  I revised to sleeve on September 9th so it is only early days yet, but I feel so much better already.  

Abby2015
on 9/27/15 10:08 am
Topic: RE: My First Surgiversary - 222 Pounds Gone Forever!

Wow, congratulations!!!

Abby2015
on 9/25/15 10:33 am, edited 9/25/15 10:34 am
Topic: RE: Go in to urgent care tonight?

Go, at the very best it will be nothing and you will have peace of mind. 

Abby2015
on 9/23/15 3:46 pm
Topic: RE: What is your favorite way to get the protein in besides shakes?

Unflavored Genepro for 30 grams of protein. I mix it with tea and it tastes fine.  

Abby2015
on 9/23/15 3:44 pm
Topic: RE: someone cancelled got moved up

That's so exciting!  You'll do great!

Abby2015
on 9/22/15 3:47 pm
Topic: RE: How many calories for quick weight loss after starting purees?
On September 22, 2015 at 3:00 AM Pacific Time, ocean4dlm wrote:

600-700 calories per day is where I am at four months out. That seems high for two weeks out. Double check your plan.

I spoke with my NUT today and she said to aim for 500 to 800 calories at this point.  I've noticed since I went off pure liquids today I have a lot more restriction though so I think my calories may go down.  

Abby2015
on 9/22/15 3:26 pm
Topic: RE: Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Tuesday

Just started purees after my morning appointment.

B: Atkins shake

S: Tea with Genepro protein powder

L: Pureed chicken salad

S: Cottage cheese and small v8 juice.

D: Ricotta Bake from worldaccordingtoeggface.  So yummy!  I'll have some for lunch and dinner tomorrow as well.

W and V: No issues.

E: Chased my kids around a park.

Abby2015
on 9/21/15 4:14 pm
Topic: RE: How many calories for quick weight loss after starting purees?

I meet with my doctor tomorrow for my 2 week follow-up to my sleeve surgery.  I've been stuck at 263.8 pounds for four days now (280 pre-op diet weight). I'm averaging about 600-700 calories a day and getting 70-80 grams of protein.  The only exercise I've done so far is walking and I'm only up to about 5,000 steps a day.  

Tomorrow I start purees.  I hope that will somehow kick off more weightloss.

Did you have a quick weightloss?  If so, can you tell me exactly what you did?  I'd prefer answers from women because I noticed that men's weightloss seems to be quicker in general.  

Abby2015
on 9/20/15 8:05 pm
Topic: RE: Weightloss picture!

You look great!!!!

Abby2015
on 9/14/15 6:44 pm
Topic: RE: Surgery Tomorrow!

Definitely had gas pains.  I smuggled in the gas x strips and they were awesome.

Jus****er the first day and then small sips of protein shakes the second.  It was a few days before I felt like I was able to really get my liquids in.

I just put my liquids into myfitnesspal for the day and I'm up to 780 in liquid calories and 90+ grams of protein.  I'm hoping to maintain this for quite a while.  

Abby2015
on 9/13/15 6:02 am

Not much pain at all once I figured out how to use the pain pump.  I've had two c-sections and this was much, much easier.  I got up and walked no problem the same day as surgery.  I didn't have a catheter so that forced me to get up out of bed every few hours.  

I started out on ice chips and moved to regular water.  I love, love G2.  The only trouble I've had with water so far is if I gulp too fast and I have a little pain and then I burp.  :)  

Abby2015
on 9/12/15 3:02 pm

Thanks everyone!  It went well.  The only bad part, which is funny in retrospect but definitely not at the time, was that I was not hitting the pain pump hard enough to get the drug to come out.  It lit up so I thought it was working.  I felt awful and was laying in bed really regretting my decision.  Finally the nurse came in and told me I had to take some pain medication, I couldn't refuse it.  I was like, huh?  He said I had 0 attempts.  It was then that I figured out what I was going wrong.  

Abby2015
on 9/12/15 2:33 pm
Topic: RE: Diet for PreOp vertical Sleeve gastrectomy

Mine was 2 protein shakes and a lean protein and small salad for dinner (I tended to have it for lunch though).  I was also allowed broth.  I drank lots and lots of broth.  I'd put it in a mug and sip it, especially before bed.  It tended to make the hunger pangs go away so I could sleep.

It was worth it when after my surgery my doctor said the surgery had gone very smoothly and my liver was small.  The losing 10 pounds wasn't too bad either.  ;)  

Abby2015
on 9/12/15 2:28 pm
Topic: RE: Best Portion Sized Cups and Water Bottles?

Hello, I had my surgery on Wednesday and I'm starting to feel like my old self.  I'm finally able to think I'll get to where I can have 3 protein shakes a day and all my water soon.  

Does anyone have a really good water bottle they recommend?  I want one I can fill up in the morning and and at night know that I've had all my water because it is gone.

Also, are there any 4 ounce shot glass like things for measuring protein shakes out in?  

I've tried searching on google and I haven't come up with much.  

Abby2015
on 9/8/15 8:18 am

A little nervous and a little excited.  I doubt I'll get much sleep tonight.

I'm running around trying to get the house in order and everything all set up for the kiddos so it is not too tough on DH while I'm in the hospital.  

Abby2015
on 8/27/15 2:11 pm
Topic: RE: Someone please tell me I did the right thing!

Please take your prescribed pain medicine.  Not being in pain will make you feel so much better.  Whenever I try too early to ween off of mine after a surgery I am a weepy mess.  Just take them until you don't need them.  

Also, be careful you are not taking too much ibuprofen and acetominofen!  You don't want to have liver issues.  

Abby2015
on 8/26/15 1:01 pm
Topic: RE: Disney Food & Wine 3 weeks after surgery

Ha!  I just told my friends I'll need a lot of breaks and they've decided they'll just stick me in a wheelchair.  

Abby2015
on 8/26/15 12:44 pm
Topic: RE: Disney World Tips?

You could have protein shakes or other food delivered to your hotel room by Garden Grocer which means you won't have to haul them with you or go to the store when you get there.

Disney is fine with you taking food into the park so that makes things so much easier.

I haven't been sleeved yet so I can't help too much with food, but we go to Disney every few months (we live in Florida) so I'm happy to answer any other questions.

This site lists all the menus so you can get an idea of what is available to you at every restaurants - http://www.disneyfoodblog.com

Abby2015
on 8/26/15 12:05 pm

I have to go because we're using my husband's hotel points for the room, but I suppose I could just stay at the hotel.

I definitely will not eat at all though.  I didn't think about possible reactions to different foods!  

I'll bring water, protein shakes and plan on taking lots of breaks.  These are good friends and we go every year so they'll be fine with me sitting out part of it if needed.  

Abby2015
on 8/26/15 10:21 am
Topic: RE: Weight gain after miscarriage...

(((big hugs))) I'm so sorry for your loss.  

I believe weight gain due to hormones is common after a miscarriage.  

Abby2015
on 8/26/15 10:17 am

Hi,  I'm having surgery September 9th and I have long standing plans to go to Food & Wine with some friends on October 3rd.  I'll still be in a soft food phase so I'm assuming I probably won't be able to eat anything.  The good news is that Disney is fine with people bringing food into the park so I can just pack a few protein shakes in my purse and I will get a lot of walking out of it.

If possible I would like to try one or two things though.  I think I'll be able to have the Cheddar Cheese soup in Canada.  Does anyone see anything else I could try?  Maybe the poached salmon? Will I be able to eat soft cheeses like brie?

Of course, no wine and no desserts.   

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2015-epcot-food-and-wine-festival-booths-menus-and-food-photos/

Abby2015
on 8/5/15 9:44 am
Topic: RE: How Long Should I Schedule Childcare for Following Surgery?

In September I'm having a revision from lapband to sleeve.  I have 2 children, one age 10 months and a 4 year old.  The 10 month old weighs about 20 pounds.  My husband will work during the day, but won't travel for a while so he can be home at night.

Can anyone tell me how long you think I should schedule childcare for during the day?  I'm trying to get an estimate so I can make arrangements now.

1) How soon after surgery could you lift 20 pounds?

2) How soon after surgery could you drive?

Thanks in advance!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 66 views