adunn3’s Posts

adunn3
on 6/13/16 9:54 am
Topic: RE: Dealing with uwanted and unsolicited opinions

Thanks for responding.  I don't really worry so much about my brothers opinion.  He is really just worried about my not surviving the surgery.  Which I think is understandable.  He has also agreed to come to my next Dr. Appt. to talk about his concerns.  In all honesty I don't think he realizes how overweight I am.  He is used to me being this size and to his eye, I am "not the same size as people who medically qualify for surgery."  He has no clue how much I truly weigh and since I currently don't have any of the traditional weight related health issues, he does see the problem. 

I am 98% sure that this is what I need and want to do.  I just don't like dealing with the "you haven't tried hard enough to lose weight" or "that's taking the easy way out" from other people 

adunn3
on 6/13/16 9:45 am

Thank you for your response.  I am about 98% sure that this is what I want to do. (There is always that little bit of doubt that maybe I should try another diet.) 

I have been doing a ton of research on how my life is going to change, but the pros more than make up for the things that I would be giving up. I am in my early 30s and I want to be able to enjoy my life as much as humanly possible.  

adunn3
on 6/13/16 6:43 am

I am currently on month 3 of my 6 month doctor supervised diet.  I am now doubting my decision to pursue surgery.  Initially, I only shared my decision with my immediate family. (mom brothers and best friend) For the most part, they are all very encouraging.  My youngest brother is very vocal about my not having the surgery, because he know someone who passed away as a result of complication from the surgery.  However, he is very supportive of my efforts to get as healthy as possibly prior to surgery.   As of late other ppl have found out that I am considering surgery, and they have made it there personal mission to change my mind.  I am constantly receiving YouTube videos of people who lost weight the "right" way, emails with different diet plans, criticism of the food that I am eating.  Its now causing me to doubt myself.

I am wondering how people who have had the surgery or preparing for surgery deal with the unwanted opinions of others.  My first reaction is not exactly a nice. 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 70 views