Freewheeler’s Posts

Freewheeler
on 4/20/24 6:40 pm
Topic: RE: Expired Optifast Question

Greetings,

I have fallen off the track a bit after having the sleeve and wanted to go through a sort of detox again with optifast, however it is now two months expired and I wanted to ask if this is really an issue. Typically with food and even medicine - it lasts longer than what it says on the packaging.

Now granted if this was a year expired or more, then I can see there being an issue - but even then I have seen people online willing to buy expired optifast because it is cheaper than buying from their doctor.

I was just curious to see what the feedback would be here.

Thanks!

FW

Freewheeler
on 6/1/23 7:01 am, edited 6/1/23 7:16 am
Topic: RE: I Am Not Really Seeing The Weight Loss I Was Expecting

Greetings,

So I finally had my sleeve surgery 3 weeks ago and while there has been weight loss, it hasn't really been what I expected.

I don't have unrealistic expectations, but I expected to lose more weight than if I just did it on my own without the surgery with little calorie intake and some activity like with doing Optifast prior. Or just eating healthy (which I wasn't doing) and going for a walk everyday.

Perhaps it takes a month to really get things going, but I am hardly really eating anything when compared to the 4,000 calories+ a day I was eating that got me this way. I do eat a breakfast, lunch and dinner, so I am not starving myself - but I am not yet in the solid food phase yet.

I have sort of reprogrammed my brain and I am not really craving the things now that made me obese. Now granted I know I JUST had the surgery and don't know how things will be 4 months from now, but I am just sort of wondering in the back of my mind if the surgery was really necessary in the sense that I maybe could have lost the same amount of weight if I finally just stuck to living a better life when it comes to food and my health.

I would appreciate any feedback from anyone else where weight loss started a bit slow even with having a smaller stomach now or feedback in general.

Thanks!

FW

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views