NiaLong’s Posts

NiaLong
on 6/6/23 8:44 am
Topic: RE: I've gained almost 40lbs and I don't know how to get back on track.

Hi there. I hope you all are well.

I'm here because I've been struggling. I've gained almost 40lbs and I have tried everything to get it back off and I just keep gaining. I've tried restricting calories, diet meds, you name it.

Do any of you have any advice on how I can get back on track? Id really hate for this surgery to have been a waste. I'm sad and struggling right now.

NiaLong
on 1/16/20 11:23 am
Topic: RE: "Fat is stubborn, but eventually it has to let go."

"Fat is stubborn, but eventually it has to let go."

I saw this quote just now in regards to weight loss stalls and plateaus. I will take this quote with me and hold VERY tight to it.

Trying my best to stick with the plan and trust the process.

NiaLong
on 1/14/20 5:34 am
Topic: RE: I live in constant fear that I won't lose all my weight.

I understand the fear, ive yo-yo dieted since college--it's always been a struggle. I want to truly overcome the disease that is obesity for good with the help of VSG.

NiaLong
on 1/13/20 6:07 am

Thank you for your comment!

My eating has been something that I can say that ive truly tracked. Some days I think "maybe my body is in starvation mode and i should eat wayyyy more today and shock my system" but i know that is a slippery slope so i stay away.

I just really, really want to lose all my weight and will stick to my plan to the T. I just want to know my body will do what it's suppose to and let go of the fat like everyone else.

NiaLong
on 1/13/20 6:04 am

Congratulations on your surgery!!! Wishing you all the *******so, I am not sure if you have menstrual cycles but a week or so before them, the scale tends to not move, no matter now restrictive you are until your cycle comes. It could be due to hormones. But regardless, you will lose weight!

I am seeing it's all mental. ALL MENTAL. I've been trying to calm myself down for weeks now. It's tough but I'm telling myself that i am not done losing weight and things will change at some point.

NiaLong
on 1/13/20 6:01 am

Thank you for your reply! Can i ask what your diet consists of? Maybe I need to switch up the foods I eat?? I also just downloaded cronometer (the $2.99 version) so i will begin to track my weight in this app as well and see if my chart also shows what my pattern is.

NiaLong
on 1/10/20 9:18 am
NiaLong
on 1/10/20 9:17 am

I track everything in myfitnesspal, even down to vitamins i eat. i measure every protein i cook and eat. That is one thing I can whole-hardheartedly say I do. I drink between 60-80oz of water a day. And it's been three weeks since any weight loss. I started working about about a week into my stall.

NiaLong
on 1/10/20 7:13 am

Here I am at 7 months out and I am worried I am done losing weight. I don't know if i am experiencing a stall or not but the scale won't budge no matter what I do....

I have 100+ more lbs to lose (currently 287) and the scale just won't move. I've lost 97lbs since May of 2019 (and even that seems very slow compared to all the people on here).

I'm CONSTANTLY obsessing about my calorie intake (600-800), the scale and wondering if I should've gotten a Duodenal Switch instead of VSG.

What if my body is officially done losing weight? What if the years of my yo-yo dieting has completely ruined my metabolism and even VSG won't help me get to the 100's club? What if Ive damaged my body so bad the 600 calories at 287lbs is maintenance?

I just don't want to fail. I am so afraid this surgery will be for nothing. I'm worried that my body hates me and will never get the success that I want and get this weight all the way off.

NiaLong
on 9/17/19 5:55 am
Topic: RE: What Size Is Your Sleeve?

I asked my surgeon what size he made my sleeve and he said he used a 36 bougie. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I was hoping it would be a 32 or 34.

Anyway, what size was your bougie and are you happy still with your restriction?

NiaLong
on 9/13/19 5:48 am
Topic: RE: Weight Loss Stalls and Menstrual Cycles.

Hi there! This question is for the ladies.

Do any of you experience weight loss stalls maybe a week to a week and a half before your menstrual cycle, then gain weight during it, and start losing again after your menstrual cycle stops?

Have you noticed any type of pattern with your weight loss/stall and your period?

NiaLong
on 7/28/19 5:57 am
Topic: RE: I'm so frustrated. Somedays I feel cursed - only 3lbs weight loss in the SECOND month post op.

I've struggled to lose weight my entire life. I feel as though my body FIGHTS to keep me fat no matter what.

I am in the second month(I know its just the 28th of July but its practically the end of the month) post op and have ONLY lost 3lbs. I just don't get it. My protein intake is between 60-80 grams, I take my vitamins, I get good sleep, I stay away from ALL sugar. I just don't understand how I can be on the second month and only 3lbs.

I'm just feeling like I'm not going to have good success with this sleeve. I'm not expecting 15lbs every month but with me being 340lbs currently, I expect at least 10.

I'm just upset.

NiaLong
on 7/10/19 12:45 pm
Topic: RE: Eating to much? No weight loss? Suggestions and (kind) criticism welcome!

Hi guys!

I was sleeved on June 4th. I've lost 28lbs since surgery but stop losing around June 30th. I've been stuck ever since and I'm afraid maybe I am eating too much?

Typically, I will eat every 3 hours.

Morning: 1 scrambled egg with a sprinkle of cheese

Snack: 1 slice of turkey or ham rollup with 1 slice cheese

Lunch: 1/2 cup chili

Snack: 1 slice of turkey or ham rollup with 1 slice cheese

Dinner: 1/2 cup chili with cheese

Am I eating too much? I am completely open to any suggestions or critiques. I just want to make sure I'm doing this thing right. I want this surgery to work for me so bad and I'm getting nervous that my sleeve either isnt working or Im already sabotaging it. How can I possibly be stuck alredy for over 10 days if I just started this thing?

NiaLong
on 6/11/19 4:14 pm
Topic: RE: 1 Week Post Op - Hungry!? Was this your experience?

Thank you so much for the advice and words of encouragement! It's funny, I had already been looking at therapist for a few weeks now and have been nervous about reaching out to one. But this just confirms that it is the right direction to go in. I know that the root of my obesity has been cause by thoughts--many deeply rooted thoughts. I mean, I ate for everything. I knew this was going to be a complete change going into the surgery and I refuse to let my thoughts get the better of me.

Thank you again! *hugs*

NiaLong
on 6/11/19 3:01 pm
Topic: RE: 1 Week Post Op - Hungry!? Was this your experience?

Hi Guys!

I'm officially 1 week post op and today has been rough to say the least. I trying my hardest to convince myself that I am not hungry and that it's all in my head, but I feel like I'm legitimately starving. All I can think about is food. I'm going through mental hoops suppressing the thought. Is this normal? Was this your experience 1-4 weeks post op? Feeling a little discouraged by this. :(

NiaLong
on 6/11/19 2:55 pm
NiaLong
on 5/6/19 6:02 am
Topic: RE: I'm a newbie and I finally have a surgery date!

Thank you for this advice! I'm really focused on the first tip you gave. Identifying triggers because I know at the end of the day, it's all mental. We can alter the stomach but it doesn't alter the brain.

NiaLong
on 5/6/19 6:01 am

Congrats! I'm super excited for you and YES we can definitely be of support to one another. I'm a stress eater as well and a looking to see counseling to identify any other deeply rooted triggers so that I can be as successful as possible during this journey. Anything that I learn I'll be sure to share. We got this!

NiaLong
on 5/2/19 7:19 am

Hi Guys!

I'm brand new here and I just got a surgery date of June 4th. I am excited and nervous at the same time. I'm just hoping and praying I get good results from VSG. Does anyone have any advice they'd like to share for the journey ahead?

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 90 views