4 weeks After RNY!

merrillee
on 12/31/12 3:20 am - Seattle, WA
RNY on 12/03/12

Had RNY on December 3, 2012.  Kinda eventful.  My liver had been scarred by the darn lapband and was adhered to my stomach...so they had to repair that.  Also had an umbilical hernia...my 3rd.  Dang!  Ended up losing a lot of blood and had to have a transfusion.  In intensive care for several days.  My poor honey was freaked. My kids were upset.  I was a mess.  Fast forward to 4 weeks out.  I'm feeling fabulous.  Have lost 30 lbs.  Doing well.  On soft foods. Off diabetes meds and my blood pressure is perfect.  Still believe I did the right thing.  Wish I'd done RNY to begin with....Darn LapBands!  Looking forward to a happy, healthy 2013!

Merrillee

Fr33P4m
on 12/31/12 12:41 pm
RNY on 12/04/12 with

So glad you made it through those rough spots, congratulations on the meds and progress!

[Highest: 295] [Surgery Day: 264]  [Goal: 150] ​[Height: 5'61/2"]          

kakkling
on 1/1/13 1:21 am - Tac, WA

Merrillee, 

I am glad to hear you are doing so well now. Here is to a happy healthy 2013!

Kelly

Kelly

(deactivated member)
on 1/3/13 3:59 am
RNY on 08/31/12

Yes, glad to hear you're doing well! Wow. What a series of events. Can you imagine what could have happened if you didn't get the surgery? You're fixed now and that is what matters. 

Rudie2
on 1/22/13 11:59 pm - South Sound, WA
Merrillee: Congratulations for getting back on track. Your journey was complicated, however, and I'm so sorry you had all the stumbling blocks. Your progress at this point is wonderful and I know you'll continue to perfect health and look gorgeous. I'm 6 years out - I went from 220 to 121 in about a year. Since I was at the very upper limit of the age requirements, 70 (I'll be forever grateful to the surgeon) and the normal aging process had begun, at 121 I was too thin and looked gaunt. I'm 5'2", but "ample" in the hips and thighs. I've been as high as 144 within the weight range and was too heavy. Then I have to step back and take another look at what I'm doing for myself. Currently I'm 128 and holding - I'm wearing size 8 jeans and 36 flat bras.

How are you doing with exercise? I'm wishing you well and know by the next anniversary, you'll be your highest self.

Congratulations,
DeVonne
Bremerton
Most Active