What is your favorite "a-ha" moment?

mtelliston
on 8/16/12 8:18 pm - Luxemburg, WI
 Please share your favorite moment, after your surgery. You know, the one that made you want to shout out loud a-ha!  
I still remember mine, almost ten years ago. It was the first time I ran a up all the front steps to my house. I didn't realize it until I was on the step that I did this effortlessly and without thought. I had never been able to walk up those steps without gasping for air before.  It was a miracle for me.
(deactivated member)
on 8/16/12 9:06 pm
On August 16, 2012 at 8:18 PM Pacific Time, mtelliston wrote:
 Please share your favorite moment, after your surgery. You know, the one that made you want to shout out loud a-ha!  
I still remember mine, almost ten years ago. It was the first time I ran a up all the front steps to my house. I didn't realize it until I was on the step that I did this effortlessly and without thought. I had never been able to walk up those steps without gasping for air before.  It was a miracle for me.

My A-ha moment was when I realized what a far better NURSE coordinator I am than the one I had.  I have far more compassion, I don't use fake posters, I don't have a following.  I don't need one, I do things the right way.  That is what makes me feel pride.

I do my job well.

mtelliston
on 8/17/12 4:02 am - Luxemburg, WI
 Anytime you can encourage someone.  Anytime you do your job, giving 100 percent.  That is an a-ha moment for sure!!
pai_hay0507
on 8/17/12 7:58 am
Here we are again. What does Alice's response have to do with this other womans wonderful experience? This is what could be great about this site. Having someone tell us of an experience, good or bad, and not having someone else jump in with sarcastic remarks. A few negative people on this site...I am very happy to hear about your wonderful a-ha! moment with the stairs, good for you! I hope you have  many more and hope you will keep sharing with those of us who want to hear about them. there are a lot of us, I believe, on here for reasons other than negative doctor slamming (I have narrowed it down to 2 slammers for sure). I have to say, I am interested in meeting with this dr they keep talking about. A lot of good posts about him too. I have to see if there is anything in him that the haters keep talking about...hmmmm
(deactivated member)
on 8/17/12 10:09 am
On August 17, 2012 at 7:58 AM Pacific Time, pai_hay0507 wrote:
Here we are again. What does Alice's response have to do with this other womans wonderful experience? This is what could be great about this site. Having someone tell us of an experience, good or bad, and not having someone else jump in with sarcastic remarks. A few negative people on this site...I am very happy to hear about your wonderful a-ha! moment with the stairs, good for you! I hope you have  many more and hope you will keep sharing with those of us who want to hear about them. there are a lot of us, I believe, on here for reasons other than negative doctor slamming (I have narrowed it down to 2 slammers for sure). I have to say, I am interested in meeting with this dr they keep talking about. A lot of good posts about him too. I have to see if there is anything in him that the haters keep talking about...hmmmm

And Dear, do tell.  What is it that I wrote that was such a horror?  We all wait in anticipation.

pai_hay0507
on 8/17/12 12:07 pm
I do not need to tell anyone, because everyone already sees it I'm sure - that I would need to explain it to you shows you are already lost to your own negativity and only hating and sarcastic words. I wouldn't waste my time.
GrandmaPaula
on 8/18/12 9:38 am
Monday I am going to investigate the owner or funding source for this site and have a chat with them. This website is not managed properly and needs to have a monitor. It serves no purpose in it's present state as a place to say negative stuff and be rude. I am certain the insurance companies that back this website did not intend for it to be like this. Have a great weekend everyone.
Nic M
on 8/18/12 9:45 am

I'm sure the insurance companies will be thrilled to field your complaints. That's the kind of thing they love... internet disagreements. I bet they'll send someone right away to get it taken care of.

I think I should also have a chat with them. I'd like the freedom to be able to tell the truth about my weight loss surgical experience without gangs of people trying to intimidate me into shutting up. That's not the purpose of a support group, either. 

Maybe I'm the "funding source" for this site! Wouldn't that stink?!

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

GrandmaPaula
on 8/18/12 9:09 am
Nic M
on 8/18/12 9:35 am
You realize, I assume, that there are literally THOUSANDS of other threads for your reading pleasure?  

It's not mandatory reading. The fact that some people choose to ONLY post on threads that they see as inflammatory says a lot about them as people. Post what you want and stop trying to tell others what they should and shouldn't post. The internet is a huge place... you're not going to like everything and everyone. If you want happy rainbow threads, then make a happy rainbow thread. But that doesn't mean that others aren't free to share their experiences, as well.

Eric Klein is the owner of the site... I'm sure he'll be more than happy to receive your full and lengthy complaint. If everyone filed a "full and lengthy complaint" about everything they found offensive on the internet, the world would grind to a halt. You have a block button. That's how this website has chosen to help its members in these matters. If people choose NOT to use it, that is their choice.  If you've read the terms of service, you'll see what the rules are.

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

Most Active