Does anyone have PEIA insurance?

Pammie0568
on 2/4/09 9:10 am
I'm very interested in having WLS. I called to be scheduled for a seminar today, but the when I told them I have PEIA, they were very discouraging. Apparantly, it is nearly impossible (her words) to get an approval from PEIA. I've had 12 months of documented weight/exercise program with my PCP, along with a 12% total body weight loss during that time.

I'm anxious to hear from anyone who has been through the process with PEIA, both approvals and denials.

Thanks!
butterjoy
on 2/4/09 11:51 am - Elkview, WV
Pammie,
I have PEIA.  Who is the bariatric surgeon you are going to?  You may want to go to a different doctor.  Yes, there is a waiting period but, as long you have proof of documented program and the percentage of weight loss, you should not have trouble getting the approval.  It does take patience and keeping in contact with your insurance as well as the person at the Dr.'s office handling the paperwork.

JOY

* Our family is a circle of love and strength. With every birth and every union, the circle grows. Every joy shared adds more love. Every obstacle faced together makes the circle stronger. The love of a family is life's greatest blessing.   
     I have reached my goal! Praying angel:9896

Cira S.
on 2/4/09 11:49 pm - Charles Town , WV
Wishing you all the best I hope you get an approval. I am glad Joy responded to you.

I am who I am and accept my feelings wholeheartedly.
Those that mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind.

Cira 249/144.0 current/goal 154/ 5'3" 10 lbs below my Dr's goal
100Cira-1.jpg picture by negra266

Most Active
Recent Topics
WLS in WV?
rakat · 0 replies · 2010 views
Wv coventry care requirments
Sunfish6406 · 0 replies · 4715 views
Coventry Cares WV Medicaid
AKD40 · 9 replies · 6317 views
Bcbs highmark of wv?
conandjaysmom · 0 replies · 5644 views