feeling sad, weird, ??

soontobeme
on 4/15/09 7:45 am
I had RNY on 4/8 a week ago. I am having a hard time getting the protein in. I can't stand the taste of milk or even the smell of it. I did try today to use a little water in it and leave the milk out. It tasted like water..lol... I am feeling sad, I want to cry for no reason. Did you feel this surgery was not going to work and you had it for no reason? Did anyone ever feel this way? If you had a hard time with the protein what did you do to make sure you were getting protein in? Thanks for any help you can give me.

Tonia
skinnygirl1978
on 4/16/09 7:12 am
Tonia, My friend who had the surgery in another state went through the exact same thing. It is completely normal for you to feel sad because you have made a life-altering decision to get your life back. I think if you talk to your surgeon's office they will tell you they hear this all of the time. Everyone has 'buyer's remorse' so to speak..haha.  In 3-6 months you will look back and be so happy you did this for yourself.  For the protein, there are so many different types out there to try. Sample a little of each to see what works best with you. 
M S.
on 4/29/09 5:09 am - Nitro, WV
Tonia,
I felt the same way at first. Now I wouldn't trade what I feel now for anything. I cried several times, what have I don't. Protein, you can add it to everthing. I got the unflavored and added to my soups. If you get the protein bullets you can add it to your jello.
Keep up the good work, the crying will go away I promise.
Melinda

Most Active
Recent Topics
WLS in WV?
rakat · 0 replies · 2004 views
Wv coventry care requirments
Sunfish6406 · 0 replies · 4710 views
Coventry Cares WV Medicaid
AKD40 · 9 replies · 6312 views
Bcbs highmark of wv?
conandjaysmom · 0 replies · 5638 views