5 weeks post op: throwing up

Diana Blackburn
on 4/30/09 9:20 am
i need some information. I am 5 weeks post op and amy trying to add 1 solid food item to my meals at least 1x per day, however, I cannot eat a 1/2 cup serving of anything. I throw everything back up. Not mashed potatoes or squashed up green beans but if i try to eat small pieces of ckn or cheese, It feels like it is stuff in my chest and that prohibits me from even drinking water. I am having a hard time getting all my fluids in b/c I feel full all the time and if I try to drink then I get sick. As far as how I feel, I feel great. ....Any suggestions or what I am doing wrong?

butterjoy
on 4/30/09 9:45 pm - Elkview, WV
You should talk with your doctor, Diana.  I did that so, my surgeon did a endoscopy to make sure things were okay.  It turned out that the opening of my new tummy was almost closed due. He stretched it to open a little more.  This was done a couple of times and now I can eat better.  I still have to watch what I do eat because some foods simply makes me sick.

JOY

* Our family is a circle of love and strength. With every birth and every union, the circle grows. Every joy shared adds more love. Every obstacle faced together makes the circle stronger. The love of a family is life's greatest blessing.   
     I have reached my goal! Praying angel:9896

Diana Blackburn
on 5/1/09 2:56 am
Thanks Joy
I did call today but the Dr is out of town right now or something. I had the Dry Heeves last night for a while but has subsided. I was able to get a protein drink down this morning 8oz glass and I have a couple of drinks of water today so far. I had not tried to eat anything as of yet, afraid to really. I figure maybe I wasn't waiting long enough between meals and drinking which may have caused the problem, I will try to be more careful but if it starts up again the office did tell me today to go to the ER.
When did you have your surgery/ How have you done with it.
Diana
butterjoy
on 5/1/09 10:18 pm - Elkview, WV
I had my surgery on November 3rd, 2008.  It was a huge adjustment to life style changes.  I had my ups and downs like everyone else.  I still have some pain in the upper abdomen.  It is still healing.  I am able to eat more things than before but, sometimes I go overboard and pay for it later (throwing up).  Still learning.  I am 10 pounds from my goal.  Yippee.  No hurry now.  My doctor is a really kind and understanding guy *****ally cares for his patients.

JOY

* Our family is a circle of love and strength. With every birth and every union, the circle grows. Every joy shared adds more love. Every obstacle faced together makes the circle stronger. The love of a family is life's greatest blessing.   
     I have reached my goal! Praying angel:9896

skinnygirl1978
on 5/14/09 10:53 pm
I hope you are feeling better. I hear a lot of bypass patients can feel this way for the first few months after surgery. Learning to adjust to the small amounts you can eat is definitely a lifestyle change. Especailly eating slow. That's the hard one to adjust to. Things will get better.
Most Active
Recent Topics
WLS in WV?
rakat · 0 replies · 2003 views
Wv coventry care requirments
Sunfish6406 · 0 replies · 4710 views
Coventry Cares WV Medicaid
AKD40 · 9 replies · 6311 views
Bcbs highmark of wv?
conandjaysmom · 0 replies · 5638 views