Hello everyone! I'm almost 3 Months Post-Op RNY

Michele S.
on 10/21/03 11:16 am - Alum Bridge, WV
I just wanted to say hello to everyone and let them know that I'm thinking of you all (pre-ops, post-ops, undecideds, curious...ect) Everyday since my surgery has been a gradual change. When I look in the mirror now, I have to get used to a "whole new me". But I really like what changes that I'm seeing inside and out. There have been days were I have been sick , but there have also been days that I've felt like doing things that I haven't felt like doing in years. I'm finding out that the "new" me has always been here....it has just been waiting to come out. If anyone else is having these same thoughts or would ever like to talk, please send me an email. I know that I'm not the only one that is experiencing this. Thanks for listening! And above all take care of yourselves. Shelly
maggie E.
on 10/28/03 4:36 am - elkins, WV
hi, I am 53 year old female, five days out of surgery, ugh. I was rough the first 4 days, today I think I am human. I was wondering if I can ask you some questions about your post op. I had surgery in Charleston, WV by Dr. Shin, it was lapriscopic (excuse spelling please) I am have some mood swings which no one told me about, did you have any? Also I am drinking 1-2 oz of fluids every 15 minutes and have added pudding and yogart on my menu today. I find that I still feel hungry, my stomach doesn't seem to feel full after all the drinking, and after the first 2 oz of pudding I still feel like I could eat more, I thought that I would feel full, after eating the pudding, how did you feel about eating directly after surgery? I am a bit surprized. It seems all I do is drink fluid forever!!! Also I am having a hard time sleeping, my neck and back are stiff and I can't furn without some pain. Did you experience the same thing? Thanks for the help Maggie
Michele S.
on 10/29/03 9:02 am - Alum Bridge, WV
Hi Maggie; I'm really not an expert at this stuff, but I did have some of the same things going on with myself as you have. The first few days after surgery were the hardest for me. I was even asking myself why did I do this? There was a pain that I had on my left side that went from front to back that would not go away. I kept that pain for a little over four weeks. Dr. Stickler explained to me that they cut clear through the muscle that runs from your front to your back. As far as being hungry, I really wasn't, as long as I was getting all the liquids in. If you can tolerate milk or soymilk, you may get a "fuller" feeling by drinking more of it. You really should just concentrate on your liquids and proteins to make sure that you are getting enough. You've really went through a whole life changing process.....and remember Rome wasn't built in a day, it is a constant work in progress. Let me know if you have any questions, and take care of yourself. Sincerely, Michele Davisson
ann L.
on 11/4/03 2:19 am - new creek, wv
I had my open surgery on Oct 1st.and am having problems with clots in both my legs.One leg is still swollen some and I'm still a little short of breath when up on them, so I haven't been able to walk at all yet every day. How has your weight loss for the 1st month been? I think I have only lost about 20 lbs so far. Is that normal do you think? I have also had some problems with dumping I think from eating too fast. Hope you are doing well now. ON THE DOWN SIDE FINALLY, Ann
Michele S.
on 11/6/03 9:01 pm - Alum Bridge, WV
Congratulations Ann! It is great being on the losing side for a change, isn't it??? I know it must be scary having blood clots, I was so afraid that I would get them...I was constantly moving my feet and legs for the first month after coming home from the hospital. I think that your weight loss for the first month is very normal. I only lost 18 or 20 lbs the first month myself. I started out at 268 lbs (the morning after surgery), and I am now at 192 lbs. The changes that I am seeing on a day-to-day basis are incredible. I am excited for you also, this is an incredible journey that we are on. Hang on for the ride! Michele Davisson
Most Active
Recent Topics
WLS in WV?
rakat · 0 replies · 2015 views
Wv coventry care requirments
Sunfish6406 · 0 replies · 4718 views
Coventry Cares WV Medicaid
AKD40 · 9 replies · 6321 views
Bcbs highmark of wv?
conandjaysmom · 0 replies · 5648 views