Prattville, AL

gina828
on 9/19/11 7:26 am - Prattville, AL
Anybody in the Prattville area on this message board?  I'm in the very beginning research stages of the process.
I'm looking for a doctor in the Prattville area that will be supportive of my decision and help me in the 6 month process that BCBS requires, before paying for surgery.
greysmom
on 9/23/11 11:26 am
Hey Gina - I'm in Millbrook.  My doctor, Dr Windham, was great through my pre-op stage.  We were getting ready to do all the monthly appt and then I found out that the type of BCBS I have didn't require the 6 months waiting period.  I think any doctor can help you out, just find someone you're comfortable with that supports your decision.  Good luck!!

HW 401/SDW 385/CW 247
gina828
on 9/23/11 11:41 am - Prattville, AL
Thank you so SO much for replying to my post and for the info.  I googled Dr Windham.  Is that Dr Paul Windham?
greysmom
on 9/23/11 11:55 am
No, it's Katherine Windham in Prattville.  Her office is kind of behind Baptist Medical Center off Hwy 14.  She's wonderful!  I'm not sure if she's accepting new patients, though.

HW 401/SDW 385/CW 247
gina828
on 9/23/11 10:26 pm - Prattville, AL
oh, ok.  thanks. i sure hope she's taking newbies.  i'm going to call monday.
SHH
on 9/26/11 5:08 am - AL
 Hi!  I live in Prattville, but my insurance didn't  require the 6 month diet.  I've heard great things about Dr. Windham.  I used Martin Wybenga and he has 2 NP's.  Give them a call, they were very helpful with my pre-op and all, my surgeon was in Birmingham.

Good Luck!!!

Lilypie - (6cag) Lilypie - (k2cA)
Lilypie - (zS2E)

gina828
on 9/26/11 7:32 am - Prattville, AL
So sad, Windham isn't taking any new patients
The only problem with Wybanga is the long wait.. ugh.
Is Wybanga familiar with the process that some insurance companies require?
Thanks for ANY info/help.
gina828
on 10/4/11 9:02 am - Prattville, AL
I just had my first appointment with Wybanga and he told me to join Weigh****chers for insurance purposes.
Most Active