Recent Posts

mecoswan
on 9/27/05 1:39 pm - Concordia, MO
Topic: RE: Are there any other ham operators on here?
Peter, I was just looking over all the message boards and your profile caught my eye. No I am not a ham operator, however I did have my novice license back in the late 70's. I come from a ham operator family. My brother is W3KHL( my fathers old general call ) and my father is a silent key now.(He was W3KHL and K3AD. I got interested in ham radio and got my novice with having to learn the code etc. I pursued getting my general class and actually took the test and missed the theory. I never went back. MY dad lived in Pennsylvania and my brother was in service then and I had no one to help me. Added to being a mother of 6 and married to a minister, I just left it go. And I regret it to this day. However during my novice days, I did have quite a few conversations with my dad. I read your profile and I want to congratulate you. What a job you have done. I am proud of you and I am sure your wife is also. I am waiting myself for my surgery date. I have wrestled with weight the past 25 years and have 105 pounds to lose. I get so very nervous thinking of it but yet I feel it is the right decision. Being a registered nurse I also know the risks. My husband is behind me all the way. I just felt like I had to post a note to you and to encourage you to keep on going. Colette
Ben N.
on 1/23/05 8:32 pm - APO AE, Bosnia
Topic: Ham radio operators are here/kk6as
Name here is Ben Nichols My wife is the one planning too have surgery. Still looking for a surgeon. I am presently in bosnia working for now. Hopefully will coming home soon. Working as a RF technician. I am operating as T9/kk6as . Running a little less than 100watts. Under the CEPT treaty. Basicly trying too work CW over here is interesting I worked a station. But his sending hand was very bad . Mostly opreating on SSB . having Fun though the 10.7cm solar index is very low so the 30/20 meter bands,are very bad. but once in a while the bands open up. Can anyone direct me too the sight where you can download the video fro the laproscopic surgery. thanks Ben Nichols [email protected] [email protected]
petekf4qoe
on 12/23/04 8:21 am - Montgomery, AL
Topic: Are there any other ham operators on here?
I was wondering if there were any other Ham radio operators on here? I am located in Montgomery, Alabama and my callsign is KF4QOE. I hold an Extra class license. Drop me a line if you want. I would enjoy chatting with you.
ericklein
on 5/28/03 12:52 pm - Mission Viejo, CA
Topic: ObesityHelp Magazine is waiting for you!
Our Own Magazine Has Arrived. We've been busy since January putting together our first copy of our quarterly magazine and it's now available for ordering. Click here to order your subscription today. Proceeds from all subscriptions go to the Association for Morbid Obesity Support. Make the investment in both our community as well as your ongoing education in WLS. Recipes, hospital reviews, surgeon scoring, humor, inspiring photos, quality articles, and much more. All these are waiting to reach your door. Rather than produce just a newsletter, we went all out and produced a 64 page magazine for you. Spread the word, ObesityHelp Magazine is available for the community.
Most Active
Recent Topics