achy joints, muscles - any others? vitamin d deficiency??

~Joy~ .
on 9/5/08 12:23 pm, edited 9/5/08 12:30 pm - KY
Same pain here so I feel for you.  I havent been formally diagnosed with Fibro but witht he issues I am having now it is thought its  protein maulnutrition along with eating nowhere enough a day imn general.  Maybe try upping your protein and see if it helps you any and ofcourse the D since u already know its an issue.  Look up ways to get in more D in your regular day.  I do know sunlight is said to help some too...
I am sure someone further out will see your message and be able to help more.
Best of luck.

Edited to add this link: http://gastricbypass.netfirms.com/vitamins.htm
It is handy to save on your computer for ref. anytime.

lizzybear
on 9/5/08 12:40 pm - Olympia, WA
Thanks for the link - I'm so glad you edited your message to add it.  Lots of interesting info for me to read.  I did leave the site long enough to go on and order my dry vit D supplements and some more dry vit b1 while I was on there since my nut has had me on those for the past 3 months and i'm getting low.  it's been dark and rainy here for a week or so, but the weather's gotten nicer so i'll be able to walk outside for my walks at work and that should help, too.  i do two 15-minute break walks and a 45-minute lunch walk, so with the sun being out I should be getting some good natural d, too.

Highest 323 / Surgery Day 289 / Current 165 - RNY 10-27-07, Hit Goal 08-18-08. Tummy tuck 10-28-09 - UW Plastic Surgery Residency Ctr, Breast/Arm Lift w/Dr. Sepehr Egrari in Bellevue, WA on 5-22-13!

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance.  Unknown

M M
on 9/5/08 1:23 pm
My D is in the toilet.

Now, I did not know pain was a side effect of this, okay maybe I did, but, I guess I am lucky.

I am not hurting much yet.
bajahahamama
on 9/5/08 2:32 pm, edited 9/5/08 2:32 pm - CA

Great Thread.  I just found out I was D deficient as well  I have Fibro, and ended up at a Integrative Health Doctor to work on my pain, insomnia, gerd and menapause symptoms.  She ran lots of tests, more than my PCP.  at my 6 month/physical.  Found I was D difficient, something common to Fibro sufferers, also B2 difficient.  I wish I had been tested for all this stuff before my surgery I'd been in pain and diagnosed with Fibro for years, probably was D diffiicent before surgery.   

I too was taking the wrong type calcium. I like the Calcium Citrate Crystals from Bariatric Eating, They dissolve nicely in my crystal light!

I am trying to spend 15-20 mins in the sun 3-4 days a week, I don't have the malabsoption with my VSG,, so I don't know if the supplement she has me taking would help you,  It is a sublingual drop under the tongue, I take 3 drops a day (til my next blood work, then we reevaluate ).  (400 Unit/drop 1200 Units of Bio-D-Mulsion/day)  It is Vitamin D as Cholecalciferol.  It states "Bio-D-Mulsion is an oil in water emulsion, Vitamin D oil has been been dispersed into microscopic particles to aid absorption and assimulation ".  Manufacturer is Biotics Research Corp, Rosenberg Texas, 77471

dapper98
on 1/26/12 11:09 pm
 HI   
I have joint and muscle pain in all my joints, knees, elbows, hips wrist and even my hands.  I can hardly get dressed or walk when I get up in the Am.  It continues all day. When I sit, I slowly get up,   stand for a min, and then it still hurts to walk My hips hurt all the time... My shoulders hurt also, I have to help straighten my arm out, as the pain is to bad.  Went to Dr. he gave me muscle relaxers.  Did absolutely no good. , I know my diet is not as it should be, I eat very little sugar and little flour. I take gabapentin and carbatrol for trigenimal neurolgia, and have gained some weight from the meds.
Sophia Maria
on 9/6/08 12:15 am
Yes I have had severe Muscle and joint and bone  pain. And I did read the links about Vit D deficiency. After losing over 100 pounds I did think that I would not be feeling this way.  But I was low in Vit D on my last lab test but did bring it up to  normal with supplementation. I am determined to keep it that way.
Most Active