Adhesions and Scar tissue

Robin
on 2/27/24 8:06 am - Walled Lake, MI

Has anyone had or is suffering from Adhesions and or scar tissue? 23 years post op, I have had multiple stomach surgeries and I suffer from adhesions and scar tissue bad enough to go to the ER.

Suggestions please.

Robin

Grim_Traveller
on 2/28/24 7:12 am
RNY on 08/21/12

I'm sorry, I wish I could help. I've never had those issues at all. I know they happen, but aren't common. Try searching older posts, and I'm sure you'll see discussions about it.

Have you seen multiple doctors over the years? An opinion from another doctor might help.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

momyshaver
on 2/29/24 2:38 am
VSG on 06/28/17
On February 27, 2024 at 4:06 PM Pacific Time, Robin wrote:

Has anyone had or is suffering from Adhesions and or scar tissue? 23 years post op, I have had multiple stomach surgeries and I suffer from adhesions and scar tissue bad enough to go to the ER.

Suggestions please.

Robin

Hi. I also have a lot of scar tissue from my initial surgery...leading to a medically emergent revision, (which of course led to more scar tissue), surgery to treat complications from the adhesions and my GI tract spasms led to medication from GI. My surgeon suggested deep massage to help "break up" some adhesions but sometimes medical assistance is necessary because it can cause obstructions and even tissue death in the GI tract. Try to avoid surgery if you are prone to scarring but sometimes you just have to find a good treatment team and keep researching. Sorry I am not much help. Do you have a GI or general surgeon "team". What sort of follow up from E.R visits have you had?

MsNikki318
on 4/7/24 6:53 am - Bastrop, LA, LA
VSG on 10/28/16

Sorry to hear that. I've heard that some folks find relief through things like gentle stretching exercises, massage therapy, or even acupuncture.

Most Active