So it is Summer and when are you going to have WLS?

Suzanne B.
on 6/15/11 5:07 am - OR

Hi Everyone,

So when are you going to have weight loss surgery?  Don’t waste one more day of your life being unhealthy or unhappy with the body you are stuck in.  I am almost 66 years old.  3 years ago I started to investigate the idea of having weight loss surgery.  I had struggled for about 40 years of playing the same games that all of you have done—tried all the diets, had some success, and would lose it and then gain it back again.  I was pretty good about losing, but just couldn’t keep it off—It was my fault I know for gaining it back—I never would change my lifestyle. Now life is so different and I know that I will ALWAYS keep it off for the rest of my life.  

I want you to know my greatest regret was that I didn’t do this much earlier in my life.  I believe that things happen in your life for a reason.  I think why I didn’t have weight loss surgery earlier was I needed to have my head in the right place and to find a doctor that I believed in and trusts.  I found all of those things, and went for it.  Believe me I asked hundreds of questions and did a lot of research before having this surgery.  I had sleeve surgery on Oct 21, 2008 and Dr. Aceves was my doctor. I can’t begin to tell you how wonderful he is along with his hospital.

I am writing this because there are sooooooooooooo many of you who are sitting out there thinking—here comes another summer and I am going to be fat AGAIN this summer,  YOU ARE THINKING ALL THESE THINGS PLUS A WHOLE LOT MORE:  I can’t enjoy all the things my family and friends want to do.  I am the one who is taking the pictures instead of being in the pictures.  I hate the summer clothes that I have.  I want to be able to buy what other people are buying—you know all those cute little clothes.  I am short of breath and don’t feel very good because of my limitations with my weight.

Ok if you are one of these people there is a world of support for you here on this board.  Some have already done weight loss surgery, some are about ready to have weight loss surgery and some just can’t make up their minds yet.  If you are lurking out there and can’t make up your mind talk to us!  We are a wealth of information and support.  For the first time in your life, put YOURSELF first.  Make this summer be ALL ABOUT YOU AND NO ONE ELSE.

You will be shocked at how much your life will change in just one short year.

Hugs and NEVER give up on yourself—you are WORTH every bit of effort it takes.

Suzanne

105 pounds less of me-not bad of on old lady!  I sure don’t feel old at
ALL and that is the best part! 

Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
(deactivated member)
on 6/15/11 5:19 am
Dunno when mine will be. They are shooting for middle of July or beginning of August. Depends on how my stress test comes back.
Suzanne B.
on 6/15/11 12:11 pm - OR
Hi,

The good news is there are plans in the future. You must be very excited to know that you are on the road and one of these days you will hit the finish line.

Congratulations to you for having the courage to do this.  I know that at some point you will say "if only I would have done this years ago."  Keep us posted.!

Hugs,
Suzanne
Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
Most Active