create your own custom protein drink any one try this?

shellybellymichele
on 7/24/11 3:34 pm - Canton, OH
I just found this site where you can custom make your protein drink. I was wondering if anyone has tried it and if it is good? Its called true protein.

http://www.trueprotein.com/default.aspx
Amy R.
on 7/24/11 6:39 pm
I replied to this over on the RnY Forum but thought maybe I'd do it over here too so more folks will see.

BE CAREFUL with the protein on the "true protein" site. 

At least 80% of it, and probably  more, is not well absorbed by post-ops.  There are a few different types that look like they contain either whey protein isolate (the protein most readily absorbed by us) or some combination of whey protein - but most of the ones that you can "customize" do not  contain protein that is appropriate for us.
shellybellymichele
on 7/25/11 12:18 am - Canton, OH
This company you choose all the ingrediants that go into the mix you choose which kind of protein and vitamins and flavor you want. There are over 15 different kinds of protein to choose from whey isolet is a choice on the list.

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/25/11 12:34 am
I have see that before. But never was brave enough to order from them. Let us know if you decide to use that.
I get mine premixed , all natural ... mostly About Time Whey.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

shellybellymichele
on 7/25/11 12:51 am - Canton, OH
I haven't tried about time. How is that one?

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/25/11 1:02 am
I do like it. A lot. That is the one I use almost 100%.  I got some samples from their site (tryabouttime.com)  and then ordered the 2 lbs containers from Luckyvitamins.com or vitacost.com (both places - price app $30 per container). 
I like most of the flavors. All natural, and not too sweet. Some I do need to add extra stevia. But I like that better that the awfully sweet drinks... Also that powder do not foam too badly.  I also cook with it. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active