??????

AnneGG
on 9/9/11 2:03 pm

Oh, my goodness, thank you very much! I hope you have a good evening!

Actually, I have a full, long term private practice that is self pay with a waiting list. I must be doing something right.

Don't worry, you don't need to come see me.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Miss Liss
on 9/9/11 11:14 pm
You just have to learn to ignore the bullies on here.  They have always been here and always will be.  They will always be calling people out over their spelling errors and grammatical errors and so on and so forth.  Some people just have to belittle others to make themselves feel better.  Sad, really. 

Support isn't always about rainbows and sunshine.  Sometimes it means a little tough love.  I get that.  But bullying people over spelling, grammar, and surgery type is ridiculous.  I have been on OH a long time, and stuff like that has always gone on.  You just learn to take the good with the bad and move right along.  Take what you need and leave the rest. 

Have a good weekend!!
Heather :o)
on 9/9/11 11:36 pm
On September 9, 2011 at 8:35 PM Pacific Time, DianaCox wrote:

What a sanctimonious turd you are!  The world is made up of people who agree with your ridiculous platitudes, or who are bullies, eh?  And yet - you turn around and try to bully people in return!  You are a hypocrite as well.

And you're a SHRINK?  Your poor patients.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha
girlygirl1313
on 9/9/11 9:54 pm - Davidson, NC
 At what point can I play the ****waffle card?  Now? Is now a good time?  How about now?
I also have a pair of douchecanoes at the ready.

Heather :o)
on 9/9/11 11:36 pm
On September 10, 2011 at 4:54 AM Pacific Time, girlygirl1313 wrote:
 At what point can I play the ****waffle card?  Now? Is now a good time?  How about now?
I also have a pair of douchecanoes at the ready.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha
AnneGG
on 9/10/11 12:22 am
Okay, I have a confession to make!

I have been having a good time practicing setting my personal boundaries with the bullies here. Many people have trouble with knowing what their boundaries are, let alone with setting them. It takes a lot of work to learn assertiveness and how to respond rather than react.

I think healthy boundaries are essential to maintaining a sense of personal integrity, and that is often a central issue with us eating disordered folks.

Just ignoring or putting up with abuse doesn't work in our personal lives. Neither does attacking back on the same level. We must find a way to protect ourselves and our sense of self in a workable way. Overeating and other addictions are obviously not workable, so what is?

So I have been having a good time practicing not taking things personally and being calmly assertive over and over and over. The other guy isn't going to change, trust me, I have no illusions about that. But I can work with myself.

So thanks, especially to those who play without a full deck and cheaply, for giving me such great material to play with!

Thank you to all of you who have offered constructive support. One does find out who the true friends are in this journey.

I will now ignore the bullies and the negative, unless, of course, I don't. I may need to practice again!

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Cynthia L.
on 9/10/11 12:39 am - Clarence, NY
While I don't know the history of what caused you to create this thread, I DO realize that you have a huge need to be heard, which is neither good nor bad, it just is.

-Cyn

chrissie_hynde_kitty_std-2-1.jpg picture by Queen-of-the-castleBad boys get spanked. - Chrissie Hynde Lifeposter-1.jpg picture by Queen-of-the-castle

AnneGG
on 9/10/11 12:51 am
Maybe I have something useful and hopefully constructive to say?

(deactivated member)
on 9/10/11 1:30 am
In checking your posts for actual WLS related content, I don't see all that much that proves that.

Also, and just MHO...I am skeptical of any degreed practicing psychologist that needs a message board to practice setting personal boundaries.  I always thought late teens/early adulthood in real life was the place for that. Interesting.

For all the bullying you claim to hate, it seems that your responses seem to be more pointed and personal than almost everybody elses in the thread. 

AnneGG
on 9/10/11 2:58 am
Thanks for your thoughtful response!

Assertiveness and boundary setting takes lifelong practice- it isn't something we do at any particular stage in life, and it isn't something we can learn without practicing. And we can't always just avoid or ignore the negative in life. So we might as well make compost out of the **** life brings!

We are all human, and in this journey together, for better or worse. I have found in my personal journey and recovery, as well as in my work practice, that workable personal boundary setting is a central issue with eating disorders, hence WLS. People use food for comfort and shelter, and as an attempt to take care of themselves. Our excess layers are a way of boundary setting- don't come too close!

Yes, my responses are pointed and personal, but hopefully without attack. We cannot practice without mistakes- lots and lots of them. As the old saying goes about how the violinist got to Carnegie Hall- practice, practice, practice! And choose your battles carefully.

I will be practicing weight maintenance and boundary setting and workable relationships until the day I croak.

Most Active