Appreciation and Thank You OH.com staff !!!!!!!!!

mitzi_from_maui
on 1/1/12 10:26 am
Thank you for your hard work all year!
Thank you for keeping up this website!
Because of you I am able to connect, get questions answers, offer support and make long lasting incredible friends.

So, Thank you and Happy New Year!!!

Looking foreword to another year with OH.com
(deactivated member)
on 1/1/12 10:50 am
Well stated Mitzi!
ruggie
on 1/1/12 11:02 am - Sacramento, CA
Man, I really must agree.  Hats off to the OH staff!

This has been a tremendous resource as I progress through my own weight-loss and life-style journey.  It would be difficult imagining doing this process without a resource like OH.  I'd like to thank them for their hard work and for working to increase the quality of this place.  Thanks for keeping it classy!

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

(deactivated member)
on 1/1/12 11:49 am
This place used to be a good resource.  I found it invaluable when I was researching for surgery long ago, but I've found it has become less and less of a good source for info, what with the infighting amongst groups and lack of free speech allowed by mods here, especially the past several months.  It's too bad, really, this site used to have a lot to offer, now it's not much other than sunshine, rainbows, and misinformation.
ruggie
on 1/2/12 3:45 am - Sacramento, CA
 Sorry you feel that way - definitely not my experience. I haven't seen any misinformation myself, nor have I ever had my messages in any way curtailed. In fact, I find recent transitions to be a terrific improvement; this main forum is no longer a cliquish, hostile environment. My sincere belief is that this continues to offer a tremendous amount of support and advice. 

Dont undersell sunshine and rainbows either. :D

tee t.
on 1/1/12 12:34 pm

You have been a member for 6 months, almost.

stick around a while.

tee
JIB 1986
revised to RNY 2004
plastics 2004,2006, 2009
Laurie LOVES her DS
on 1/2/12 8:31 am - Southern, CA
 Indeed!

PRE OPS ...  Want a surgery that has the least chance of long-term re-gain, is BEST at curing your Diabetes (98%+), removes much of the hunger hormone Ghrelin, NO DUMPING, NO MARGINAL ULCERS and NO STOMA / STRICTURES? CURIOUS WHY I CHOSE THE DS?  VISIT MY PROFILE.

(deactivated member)
on 1/1/12 12:37 pm
Sunshine and rainbows have their place, I do agree with you on that.  The problem I have is when people are supporting unhealthy or dangerous thinking or behaviors in an effort to  "be nice," rather than honestly helping a person in need. 
ruggie
on 1/1/12 2:47 pm - Sacramento, CA
Is this what you calling helping a person in need?
http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=rant&action=display&thread=485

Mocking someone whose WLS has failed them?  Pointing out how "stupid" someone was because they didn't take your acerbic advice?  Reveling that someone is in pain and requires a great deal of support, and instead of reaching out to that person and attempting to provide structure, just using them instead as a source of laughter and merriment? 

I was disgusted to see the Proboards folk derive entertainment from a fellow human being in pain.  I'm beyond pleased that Obesity Help has decided to ban such posts.  They are not supportive and have no place.  I can only assume that the people who gain happiness from another person's misery is someone who needs to feel superior to others because of their own shortcomings. 

Seriously, we all know how it feels to be obese.  We all know how it feels like we've failed somehow before we took these steps to increase our health and our quality of life.  What purpose, what point does it serve to showcase those who have not yet succeeded and laugh at them like they're a court fool? 

We all know the kind of person that finds another human's misery to be laughed at. 

I choose to not take that road.  I choose not to scorn people's failings, or their choice of weight-loss surgery, or the importance of their message relative to the time they've spent on this board.  Support is coming across a person in need, and helping them up to stand on their own, not kicking dirt in their face.

If that's what you call "support", then please, by all means keep it. 

(deactivated member)
on 1/1/12 4:04 pm, edited 1/27/12 11:41 pm

Most Active