WLS while breastfeeding

Heather :o)
on 6/27/12 11:33 am
Your welcome! Feel free to contact me for any additional info/resources. Here is another great thing I forgot to add http://www.bfmed.org/Media/Files/Protocols/Protocol_15.pdf, its from Academy of Breastfeeding Medicine which is a worldwide organization of physicians dedicated to the promotion,protection and support of breastfeeding and human lactation

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha
never2late4change
on 7/16/12 10:20 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
RNY on 07/18/12
Hello there. I am currently still nursing my son and will have RNY tomorrow, 7/18/12. He is a toddler (26 mos) and not nutritionally dependant on my milk. I thought my milk would dry up during my liquid diet phase but it hasn't. My plan was always to let him self-wean and I am now doing "don't offer, don't refuse." and will continue that route post-op. I don't think my milk supply will disappear in the two days I'll be in the hospital.

I would ask you 1. How old is your baby ? 2.How is their nutrition aside from b.f.. 3. Are you ready for possible forced weaning if your milk does dry up post-op.

I go in on wed and will he home on fri.. i am certain I will be attempting to nurse with 5-10 minutes of walking out the door, before that if my husband brings the kids to the hospital.

I will totally let you knoq what happens.

Best of luck,
Nicole

Highest Weight: 283.6,  Post Op Weight: 273.6, Goal Weight: 160 lbs 

Most Active