Length of hospital stay?

Gigicolorado
on 9/28/12 2:25 am
 Hello there.  I have insurance approval and will have surgery in Decenber.  Was wondering what the average hospital stay is for the sleeve?
also, how soon after will I be able to go back to my Soccer Mom routine...driving etc?
missmomof4
on 9/28/12 5:33 am
RNY on 09/10/12
 The best bet is to ask your surgeon's office as all surgeon's/hospitals have different guidelines. I  personally had rny, not sleeve, but I know several people who had the sleeve and most went home either the next day or latest day after (if there weren't complications). As far as driving, I am almost three weeks out and I have been driving my kids to school everday since I was one week out, but that means not taking pain meds during those times. My doctor said I could drive as long as I wasnt on pain meds, but again, you need to talk to your surgeon about this. Good Luck to you!

HW 366 SW 318 CW 299
kirk6400
on 9/28/12 7:42 am - Watauga, TX
RNY on 09/06/12
I had RNY and only spent one night in the hospital. Had a two wk restriction on driving...but I stopped taking pain meds almost as soon as I got home and could've driven within a week if I wanted.

HW...265....SW...260....CW....229....RNY on 9/06/12

Most Active