Help Speed The Process Up A Bit

TiaJazz2009
on 10/6/12 1:15 pm - Medford, MA
 Ok I will start by saying I am new here and really hope to get alot of help here. With that said I was wondering if there was a way I could speed up the medical approval process faster so I can get my date sooner. I have masshealth as insurance and my surgeon is Dr. Darius Ameri. Any info would be helpful please and thank you. 
From Your Beloved Friend,
Tiajazz2009 AKA Tia G-Gaudet  

Dave Chambers
on 10/6/12 1:42 pm - Mira Loma, CA

That's a difficult thing to accomplish. This process takes time, many medical preop tests, preop diet requirements, educational classes etc. are typically needed before surgery.  One thing you can do is to use the phone for follow-up or appear in person to check on delays in paperwork.  Many times it takes "some urging" to get paperwork filed with your insurance, etc.  If you sit back and wait and wait and wait long past the promised processing time, you may have to repeat some items in your preop process. The old addage "the squeaky wheel gets greased" applies here. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

TiaJazz2009
on 10/6/12 3:29 pm - Medford, MA
 Yeah I have heard that saying. And I have gone to the meetings and I have changed my diet now to the way I will be eating after the surgery and have been trying shakes and what not for protein. My consultation is in November that is when my doctor will go over everything and decide if I am able to have surgery. Everything else is done so far, insurance, all my tests except the ones they order right before surgery, my mental evaluation, etc. I think I am just really excited to get my life back, I know it is a scary thing to undergo but I really just want to be healthy and fit you know? Anyways thank you for what you have told me I greatly appreciate it.
From Your Beloved Friend,
Tiajazz2009 AKA Tia G-Gaudet  

Most Active