Info on breaking a stalled weight loss or plateau.

coconutatthebeach
on 10/16/12 1:38 am
I recently hit a plateau and stayed there for a long time. I posted about it here on the board and the following are the replies I got:

Here is a soup receipe that is from the heart smart diet. You can have as much as you want whenever you want.

2 Lrg. cans diced tomato
  •  
  • 3 plus large green onions
  • 1 large can of beef broth (no fat) or oxo beef and 2 cups water
  • 1 pkg. Lipton Soup mix (chicken noodle) or onion
  • 1 bunch of celery
  • 2 cans green beans
  • 2 lbs. Carrots
  • 2 Green Peppers

Season with salt, pepper curry, parsley, if desired, or bouillon, hot or Worcestershire sauce. Cut veggies in small to medium pieces. Cover with water. Boil fast for 10 minutes. Reduce to simmer and continue to coo****il vegetables are tender.

I followed this and my long stuck-at plateau broke. I was so thankful.

I have modified this to fit what I like since then. I just put in a big pot the following: 

Canned green beans
Onions (lots of chopped up or diced onions)
Canned diced tomatoes, (generally part of a canful but whole can if wanted)
100% fat free chicken broth
salt and pepper to taste

I like this combination. Basically any homemade vegetable soup will do.

But be careful with the broth you choose. Some have fat in them. Some are loaded with salt.

DeannaE
on 10/16/12 2:49 am - PA
I will make sure to print this recipe out. It looks like it would be great. By the time I get the surgery this recipe will come in handy. When i get home I will make sure I bookmark this on my home computer.

Deanna
Starting my Supervised Diet on 10/19/12; One-on-one Scheduled: 11/01/12
Consult with doctor:11/19/12
Starting Weight:240

tim1989
on 10/16/12 8:24 am - WI
what is the calarie  and protine count in this if  u know   my docter said i need low calarie and high protine
coconutatthebeach
on 10/16/12 1:08 pm
I don't know. But my version consists of green beans, onions, and 100% fat free broth. So I don't think it amounts to much of anything.

It's only to be used temporily to break a plateau.

MsBatt
on 10/16/12 1:30 pm
Starving yourself---which living on this soup would be doing---is a really BAD way to 'break' a plateau. Starving yourself is a good way to further damage your metabolism.

The best was to deal with a plateau is to just keep on following your surgery's 'rules', and STAY OFF THE SCALE. (*grin*)
Most Active