Say hello and introduce yourself!

PattiD13
on 4/8/14 1:38 am, edited 4/8/14 1:47 am - Marion, VA

1) Where are you in your weight loss surgery journey? How are you doing so far?

I am four years out post-RNY, and having problems with plateaus right now. I am not doing too badly, but I am somewhat down on myself because I am not where I wanted to be with my weight yet. I will keep going though, and I will get back on track and stick with it. :) I started at 444 lbs, and I am fairly proud of what I've done so far.

2) Any goals that you're currently working on? (weight, health or life related)

I have lost 235 lbs so far, and have approximately 75 more to go. I didn't lose as much as I'd hoped to after the first year and a half, so I joined WW and have lost 111 more since I started that. I KNOW I will get there, because I am still working on myself.

I am also in college right now, and that is wearing me down quite a bit. I don't seem to have time for anything between that and my internships. But I will finish!

3) What words of wisdom would you share with others?

Hmmm....Here's one I've heard at WW a lot that I like:

"If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always got." It reminds me that I have to change my lifestyle or it won't work and last. :)

Sarahlicious
on 4/9/14 12:44 am - Portsmouth, OH

Yes, be proud of where you are and where you're going, with school sounds like you are making many improvements in your life. Best wishes!

I have Lipedema and Lymphedema. I also have a passion for Obesity and Health Insurance Advocacy

Blog: born2lbfat.com Facebook: Born2lbFat Twitter: @born2lbfat

ceemree
on 4/9/14 12:56 am
RNY on 01/07/14

1) Where are you in your weight loss surgery journey? How are you doing so far?

I am at 3 months post RNY.  I am down 62 lbs from high weight.  I am able to move so much easier.  I can sit on the floor with my grandsons and play!  I am so thankful for my surgery.

2) Any goals that you're currently working on? (weight, health or life related)

One of my goals was to get off some of my blood pressure meds. I was on 3 because of a stroke at age 48.  Now I am taking just one! My next goal is to join a gym and have a personal trainer help me.  Signed up and waiting for appointment for consult. 

3) What words of wisdom would you share with others?

You need support..not just your family and friends.  You need support from other WLS folks.  I attend a support group and I am on this website 3 times a day.  I find the answers from all my wacky questions from all of you!  I don't think there has been any issue I couldn't find the answer to on here. (I an obsessive researcher.  I check and recheck info about WLS) 

HW 232 Preop 215 CW 142 GW 134

Brock_Bruce
on 4/13/14 11:00 am
VSG on 12/16/13

1) Where are you in your weight loss surgery journey? How are you doing so far? VSG December 2013 and currently down about 80lbs in about 4 months. Still have about 15 to go to meet goal.

2) Any goals that you're currently working on? (weight, health or life related) Still working to meet original goal, but my life has changed tremendously in the last 6 months since committing to make my life change, which was done mainly for health. No longer on BP, Statins, or blood sugar meds.

3) What words of wisdom would you share with others? Stay off the scale, follow your rules, and keep the faith. Don't let the plateaus eat you up, because as long as you continue to follow the rules the body will continue to change when it adjusts. 

Thanks for the invite to connect. Looking forward to the continued journey...

Brock Bruce
Trust in the LORD with all your heart. Proverbs 3:5-6

Most Active