Somethings up with me and protein powder

siberiancat
on 5/22/14 1:55 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN

You are pre-op.  It is my experience that what tasted good pre-op will most likely not taste the same post-op.  I would suggest you buy small or sample amounts of several different types of proteins powders and ready to drinks.  Many of us have wasted $$$ because we couldn't tolerate protein powders recommended to us.  You tolerance will also change from month to month the first year - so hold on to what you don't like and try it again in a month or two - you may find you can tolerate it then.

Just my opinion, Penny

Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

NHwahine
on 5/22/14 7:59 am
RNY on 06/30/14

Just a thought, and kind of a strange one, but are you making your shakes with ice? If you aren't used to drinking very very cold drinks it could be something as simple as that, especially since you say the headache goes away in 5 minutes.

I hope you get to the bottom of it!

mama_dee54
on 5/24/14 6:08 am

I TRIED MY PROTEIN AGAIN AND NO HEADACHE ! Glad it was not that after all. My grandkids have all come down with the stomach flu . I think I must have had a touch of the virus.  

Chilipepper
on 5/24/14 7:13 am

What kind of powder are you using. Isn't that Jay Robb Soy?  

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

mama_dee54
on 5/24/14 8:10 am

I had tried some of the matrix chocolate mint cookie and some nectar by syntrex .  I have not tried the Jay Robb yet, but I know it is all natural.

Chilipepper
on 5/24/14 8:24 am

Nectar is one of the best out there. It is pure whey protein and not a mix of collagen. My personal opinion. I never ever recommend anything soy.  I don't even recommend Crystal Light which contains soy. My weight loss would always slow or stop when I would use anything soy. They aren't recommending soy proteins like they used to. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

Most Active