Down but not low enough

rosesroses
on 6/3/14 4:10 am - CA

I am nearly 1 year out. Don't get me wrong I am ecstatic about my accomplishment thus far. I had a personal goal and have been literally working my butt off. I am just feeling a little down because I am no longer moving in the direction I would like to. I think I have stalled and am so tempted to take drastic measures to achieve the goal I set forth myself. Like starving myself and taking diet pills or just going straight liquid, maybe all three. I have followed the guidelines and have been using the sleeve as a tool. Seriously, following healthy eating habits and working out 4-5 days a week and not seeing or feeling the results. I just cannot drop this last 20, and it is weighing heavily on my mind.  

MsBatt
on 6/3/14 4:27 am

I think you're being unrealistic. How much weight have you lost, in less than a year? What per centage of your original excess eight is that last 20 pounds?

The truth is that most WLS patients never lose 100% of their excess weight. NEVER. Those that do often have some bounce-back.

YOU ARE NOT A FAILURE.

hollykim
on 6/3/14 5:52 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

that is part of the problem with making goals you have no control over, like losing weight and what the scale says.

you body doesn't care one snap about. Your goals,yannow? It is just going to do what it is going to do,when the time is right.

cut yourself some slack,shelve the goals and forget about drastic measures. Just go on about your plan as usual and things will happen,or they won't. 

Either way,you really can't make them happen if they are not going to .

GL

Oxford Comma Hag
on 6/3/14 8:50 am

Some of us here needed more than a year to lose weight. It's nice to think we could hit goal in one year, but it isn't necessarily so. I hit goal at two years, four months. The last 10 or slow came off in ounces. And once we get to goal, we have to work on staying there.

Ease up on yourself. The scale may not be your friend right now. Validate your progress in other ways. Measure your body fat. Set a fitness goal.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

rosesroses
on 6/3/14 10:04 am - CA

Thank you all! Really, I needed all your kind words. I have been accomplishing my fitness goals. I was a light weight to begin with, so, for me wanting to be 125 lbs doesn't seem so unrealistic. 

KathyA999
on 6/3/14 10:49 am

I second HollyKim's sort of zen approach.  And really, for your health, what choice do you have but to put one foot in front of the other, food wise, and trust that the process will work, or perhaps already has.  Many people take more than a year, and a good percentage reach a weight, stay there for months or even years, then suddenly drop a few more.  You don't know what will happen with your body, but your job is to take care of its health.

Height 5' 7"   High Wt 268 / Consult Wt 246 / Surgery Wt 241 / Goal Wt 150 / Happy place 135-137 / Current Wt 143
Tracker starts at consult weight       

In maintenance since December 2011.

Most Active