New to this

MaggiesTorino68
on 6/3/14 11:33 am

Hey yall.  Im a 31 yrold mother of 2. I have been heavy all my life. I started the Bariatric program back in 2005, suggestions of children prior to surgery so I stopped and I have reentered the program through Richmond Kaiser. I have been trying to loose weight on my own for the past 1.5 yrs trying to erase all that i thought i had been doing right and start fresh. Anyone have any helpful ideas thoughts?

Thank you all and god bless

MzTorino

Jiliana2
on 6/4/14 2:15 am - Ottawa, Canada
VSG on 02/03/14

Helpful ideas and thoughts? I'm not sure, but I can try!

Congrats on re-entering the program; I hope you find what you seek! We're all looking for the same sort of thing: lose weight, be healthy, be here for our families and enjoy life to the fullest. You're definitely on the right path.

My one bit of advice is to read, read, and read some more. These forums are a wonderful, usually very supportive place to glean oodles of information and tips. The weight loss veterans that are here have done this for years and through them, we are able to figure out how this process should work, when it works at its best.

I would look at finding local support if you can, either through a forum here, on Facebook, or even with your own friends and family if you feel you want to share the news that you are hoping to have weight loss surgery. Support can come from a lot of places; if you have an idea of who might be in your corner, those are the people to speak to.

I think it's wonderful that you're looking at doing this now at the age of 31. I'm 44 and I really wish I had done this a decade ago. Many of us here echo that sentiment.

I wish you lots of luck and smooth sailing with the process. Welcome to the forums!

OTTAWA -- 2011 - Contemplated WLS Feb. 15, 2013 - GP Feb. 20 - lung functioning Feb. 22 - blood work Feb. 27 - Referral April 19 - orientation, bloodwork July 10 - nurse July 23 - rheumatologist (VSG) Sept. 12 - Behaviourist & Dietician Oct. 23 - Echocardiogram Nov. 6 - Pre-surgery Class Nov. 12 - Surgeon Jan 13, 2014 - Optifast (3 wks) Jan. 27 - PATTS Feb. 3, 2014 - Surgery (VSG)
HEIGHT: 5'5" HW
303 Pre-Opti 297 SW 271 GW 170 CW 200 (Feb. 8, 2018 - damn the regain!) VSG with Dr. Yelle

Most Active