Salads

Grim_Traveller
on 3/9/15 2:52 am
RNY on 08/21/12

And yet, feed salads to my future food, and somehow it ends up tasty.

Grass fed beef is great. Salad fed beef would be amazing.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

robinreinhardt
on 3/9/15 3:07 am

Tracy,

Thanks for the info on salads. I hope you had a fabulous week end. Sure appreciate all the info you give here. Bless you and have a good week.

Robin

MyLady Heidi
on 3/9/15 4:38 am

I love salad, I make my own because I don't eat the crappy ones you get in restuarants.  I eat a little romaine and lots of artichoke hearts and red roasted peppers and roasted garlic cloves with fat free cheese and grilled chicken.  I don't dump on the dressing either, I dip it so I keep the calories low.  Its yummy and healthy.

KathyA999
on 3/9/15 10:17 am, edited 3/9/15 10:18 am

I often order salads when out, and especially when traveling, most airports have salads in a go-pack.  As Grim said, the lettuce is mostly a delivery system, I rarely eat it if I can help it, LOL!  But if you get a chicken caesar salad, you get a lot of nice dense white-meat chicken that you can dip in the dressing.  Or a chef's salad with chicken, again I eat all the protein - chicken, eggs, bacon bits, cheese, etc., and leave the lettuce.  Really works!  I will say, I've gotten kinda tired of chicken caesar salads at the end of a lot of flights, though...

At home I make my own using baby spinach (which I do eat), and load them up with all kinda stuff I can eat - chicken, cheese, pine nuts or almonds, bacon, even a little dried cranberry. It usually ends up being so big I have to make it into 2-3 meals.  Right now I've got chicken salad with marinated artichokes in the fridge, looking forward to that for dinner. Yum, salads!

Height 5' 7"   High Wt 268 / Consult Wt 246 / Surgery Wt 241 / Goal Wt 150 / Happy place 135-137 / Current Wt 143
Tracker starts at consult weight       

In maintenance since December 2011.

tiredofthediets
on 3/10/15 10:30 am
RNY on 03/23/15

Thanks Kathy. I know they're not the best go to meal out to eat but I was looking for advice like yours......to pick around the lettuce. I know like Grimm said though, Applebee's are horrible. And I know I can't load on dressing. But like everyone said, every now and then at home loaded with protein! 

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 3/10/15 11:56 pm
VSG on 10/09/12

My favourite salad is as follows:

butter lettuce, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, radish, dill, a little bit of corn, green onion, sun dried tomatoes, artichoke hearts, arugula, red peppers, feta cheese and grilled chicken or turkey breast or chicken liver with a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar, a sprinkle of nuts or sunflower seeds, if there are chick peas or green peas (fresh) around I'll add those too

It is not totally calorie free but occasionally it really hits the spot. I never go over a cup in measure of total volume. 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

Most Active