9 years later I gained half my weight back! Shame on me! HELP!

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 4/2/16 7:16 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

She's posting the same thing, this time its under to lose weight fast. She just joined, probably a troll.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Laura in Texas
on 4/2/16 7:59 am

Funny. I blocked that one after I made the mistake of clicking on her blog to see what she was selling. A virus started attacking my computer. Duh. Cannot believe I was so stupid!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 4/2/16 7:31 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

She also posted on the mens forum a link to a you tube video showing men how to lose weight fast. I feel sorry for the men! 

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Laura in Texas
on 4/2/16 6:33 am

Get rid of the "shame". Today is a new day. Track every bite. Focus on protein and eliminate crappy carbs (bread, crackers, pasta, etc). I do a lot of walking (my fitbit keeps me on track). I enjoy the fresh air and having time to myself. The thought of going to a gym is not something I want to do right now. Think of something you would enjoy doing and focus on being more active.

Put yourself first and make better choices. You can do it!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

(deactivated member)
on 4/2/16 6:37 am

Exactly what Laura said. Get rid of shame. That will not help you at all. Look forward to what you can change. We can not change the past but we can change the future. 

Eggface
on 4/2/16 6:50 am, edited 4/4/16 1:26 am - Sunny Southern, CA

Visit your Dr. and tell him/her what's going on... most of them understand that obesity is a chronic disease that requires chronic treatment... they will help you and if they don't find a Dr. that will. Build your team... good Dr, dietitian, therapist, group, friends/family that are supportive. A great resource online Your Weight Matters google it... it's part of the Obesity Action Coalition. Tips and FREE resources.

Get your labs done (and not just general ones, a full bariatric panel) see where you are at and if anything else maybe going on. 

Are you on medications/changed medications? (lots have weight gain as a side effect) ask your Dr. about alternative treatments that don't.

Track your food... get a real B&W look at what is going in your body. When you have the data for a week or so the areas that need adjustment are usually jumping out... calories, portion size, simple carbs, fats, grazing versus protein dense meals, not enough protein, water. What your eating is important too... clean the pantry of unwise choices... make your house/desk at work a safe zone. Plan some protein packed meals (link in my siggy is my blog oodles of ideas) and stick to your plan.

Make a list of ways you can add movement into you day...

Some maybe to consider... park the furthest from your office you can and still be safe, go to work an hour early and walk in the general area, use your lunch period to walk/stairs are great for this if you are in a big building maybe get a work pal to join, do a 10 minute dance session (4-5 songs) 3 x a day.... AM, when you get home, before bed... that's 30 minutes... Come up with something fun... do you have to answer the phone a lot... use that as a cue... stand and walk in place when talking... every step counts.

all that being said... it's usually a calorie thing vs. movement... so fitday or myfitnesspal or fitbit (they are fun and encouraging to see steps go up) all have a food tracker. Bring that data to your Dr's too. 

Keep hanging out here. Lots of helpful people, tips, etc.

Don't get hung up on sizes or #'s... everyday aim for better than the last... 

Best, Shelly

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

RNY on 12/22/14

I agree - Don't Shame on Yourself.  This is part of the obesity illness, so regain is reoccurance and would you shame a friend if their cancer returned - probably not.  Also expecting a 50 pound weight loss in 2 months may not help, either, but that is for you to decide what a healthy goal is - I suggest something like "To have a healthy relationship with food and my body" rather a goal weight or pants size. 

After checking in with your doctor and getting a full work-up - 50 gain in one year after 8 years of weight stability sounds like something is going on.  You may suspect what your eating patterns have been and what needs to change, but get the work-up done.

I sense that you do not want to exercise, but exercise may do more for your BRAIN and help you to make better eating decisions than the caloric burn.

Good Luck,

Sharon

Most Active