Getting sick more often after surgery?

Beam me up Scottie
on 3/23/17 7:18 pm
The opposite is true for me.

Scott
Valerie G.
on 3/24/17 6:56 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Malnutrition brings down immunity, which is why supplementation is so important. You want to bone up on D and zinc among others. Once your nutritional health is under control, hopefully you'll get the wonderful health that the rest of us enjoy.

One tip I do have as a preventative measure, though, and I learned this from a homeopathic doc many many years ago.

When you get that "ick"feeling before you actually get that cold (you know, that feeling that the cold/flu is coming tomorrow), eat a clove of garlic. You can just cut it in half and swallow it like a pill or two. An alternative is garlic supplements at the drug store. They work fine for me too (I started those when I had to travel for work)...you only take one when you feel the cold coming. I follow up the next morning one more time for good measure.

I've not suffered a cold or flu for over a decade with this method.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

VSGAnn2014
on 3/24/17 11:55 am
VSG on 08/14/14

Nope, I've been very healthy since WLS -- amidst all kinds of non-surgery-related stresses (deaths, cancer, other illnesses, relocations, etc.).

From where I sit, my regained physical health has really supported my resilience and resistance to infections and disease.

Knock on wood! ;)

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

Most Active