Thursday *****fest - 4/20/17

(deactivated member)
on 4/20/17 4:11 pm

I get on my own nerves sometimes. I need to get out of my own head.

Nura777
on 4/20/17 6:55 pm

Love this post.

1) Screw the arrogant stakeholders I have to work with on a daily basis, you don't pay my salary cause you're a tax payer......follow the rules like everyone else and stop pulling on your political connections when I say no is no *****!

2) Sheppard's pie is the devil. Thank you for all the acid reflux today. Also eff you food addiction for that poor decision.

Bonroxie19
on 4/20/17 8:56 pm

thank you very much for starting the *****fest.

i have a power crazy boss. i have been telling her for 4 months my 75 year old mom is coming to visit and i want to take some time off to spend with her. i have over 6 months of time on the books so having time is not the issue. the issue is if i am not at work she has to be there. so the conversion today was not good. i said these are the 5 days i would like off. i am happy to work from home, do half days what ever you need. her reply oh i did not know your mom was coming and this is a bad month for me.....

really, really, so after a very ugly beatdown from her i got 4 days off of the the 14 days mom is her.

good news i am 51 and will retire at 55 so i will be ok.

Bonnie RNY 2/11/15 by Dr. Takahaski

5'3" SW 230 pounds, GW per Dr. Takahaski 150 pounds, CW 132 pounds (10/1/17)

BMI 19% Bod Pod test 1/29/17 13.1 mile half marathon, 1 hour 59 mins (8/21/2017)

Gwen M.
on 4/21/17 7:17 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Do you have an HR department you can talk with? Because this is unacceptable. You have the vacation time, you gave your boss fair warning.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

oneatatime
on 4/20/17 9:52 pm, edited 4/20/17 2:53 pm
RNY on 09/01/17

Ohhh. A *****fest. Yes yes. I'll chime in.

I'm sick of being sick. I had a major asthma attack in the fall and I don't think I've had three consecutive days of "good" breathing since. I've gained probably 30 lbs, due to a combination of meds, inactivity due to inability to breathe properly, and (not quite depression but... ) lack of zest for life, since living is really hard when you can barely breathe, therefore I emotionally eat

Ive also had a tumour on my tongue for a few months which I finally got removed a couple of weeks ago. They are doing a biopsy, and I get the results tomorrow.

Lastly, I have finally, after so many years of thinking about it, decided to get WLS because I am so sick of being sick. I just wi**** didn't take a year or more to go through the process in Canada.

(Wow, it feels good to *****!)

Pokemom
on 4/20/17 10:05 pm
RNY on 12/29/14

So sorry about your challenges! I understand the lack of zest for life and how easy it is to put food in there. I have been down/barely mobile for about ten weeks after Achilles' tendon surgery. I find myself eating out of boredom, stress over the boredom, etc.

oneatatime
on 4/21/17 1:44 pm
RNY on 09/01/17

Oh dear, that sounds like major surgery. I hope you're well soon.

Thanks for your note. I appreciate it. :)

ladygodiva1228
on 4/21/17 8:12 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

Drivers and cellphone use. For the love of God STAY THE **** OFF THE CELL PHONES!!!! There are signs posted along the highways that state "the use of handheld devices are prohibited".

Yet this week alone I have been almost hit 4 times due to ******** and their cellphones. One day some idiot will hit me because they are to busy talking or texting on their phone to pay attention to their driving and it will take the doctors hours to dislodge their cell phone from their ass.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

rocky513
on 4/21/17 8:52 am - WI
rocky513
on 4/21/17 8:54 am, edited 4/21/17 1:57 am - WI

Where are we headed as a nation? What ever happened to civil political discourse? It was not too long ago we could disagree on politics and still maintain a friendship.

I had a boss that I disagreed strongly with where politics is concerned. We would discuss it passionately and we still genuinely liked each other. I don't hold my friends personally responsible for what their political party chooses to do. I may have strong feelings on the direction of the country. I may voice my frustration. I don't hold a grudge if you disagree with me. I may think your choice is wrong, but it's not any different than me thinking you put a plant in the wrong spot in your garden, or you choosing to wear stripes with plaid and I think it looks ridiculous. It's your choice.

What brought this comment on? My husband and I are participating in the city wide rummage sale. Yesterday a middle aged couple came up the driveway and Keith started a conversation with them about our RV. They talked about how difficult it was to get an RV from the Midwest serviced in different regions (like out west). The woman said, "We need a good recession so these high and mighty dealers want to do the work and won't refuse to service an RV." Keith looked a little confused since our nation has just come out of a recession that nearly crippled our country. He said, "Well, with Trump in office, we really don't know what will happen. He's pretty unpredictable". Not a nasty statement. Just a statement of fact. The woman went off on Keith in our driveway. She told him that she served in the military for 20 years and it was people like him that are destroying our country and called him a libtard.... in my driveway... SERIOUSLY?

I get pretty pissed when people assume that only Republicans serve our country in the military. My dad was 21 years in the military. My family is VERY patriotic... and Democrats. To accuse my husband of trying to destroy our country is disgusting.

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010

Most Active