? On Constipation: One of those TMI Posts

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/6/17 2:15 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

That's what I wondered about!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Highfunctioningfatman
on 6/5/17 1:48 pm
VSG on 08/29/16

I eat 1/2 cup of refried beans M-F and I do great. I didn't work Monday or Friday of last week and I'm struggling. That bit of fiber definitely works for me.

ILoveFlowers
on 6/6/17 7:43 am

I take a daily probiotic. It really helps keep me regular. When I feel a little stopped up, as we all do, I start a Miralax regimen or I eat some sugar free chocolate--or sugar free gummy bears (IN MODERATION!!!! If you eat too many, you are tied to the toilet. You may even want to write your will and make plans for your funeral. LOL) The probiotic helps and it's all natural, no chemicals.

Kathyjs
on 6/9/17 6:04 pm

I am glad to see I am not the only one. I DO NOT recommend this but early out when it got bad. One piece sf dark chocolate worked great. ONE not ten

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/7/17 1:30 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Thank you for all this great information OH friends! I'm going to try miralax daily for a while to see if it helps. I did try probiotics for a long time but it didn't seem to help (and I'm a little afraid of touting with beans, but you never know!).

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Lodie
on 6/8/17 7:30 am
VSG on 10/15/14

I wanted to add that the standard does on the mirilax bottle may not be right for everyone's system. I really like the product, use it and recommend it. I would suggest you take the full dose on day one and then half a dose daily until you go. It for some it seems to have a cummulative effect and by the time it works you may have several days of loose stools after that. That is the reason to go low and slow until you find your magic dose specific to your desired routine. Many only take 1/2 dose every other day and fine it enough to be regular . Hope you find your balance.

HW=263  SW=253 CW=160 GW=140

Neaucora
on 6/19/17 2:23 pm - AZ
RNY on 04/23/12

Hi! My RNY was in 2012. I also had my gallbladder out that year. I take 3 equate brand (walmart brand) of the ducolax stool softener in the morning. And three in the evening. Doctors said it won't hurt. I've had no constipation unless I'm dehydrated since starting these. I was worried about maybe next time absorbing enough vitamins or iron or something which I learned taking these, but no issues. :) I hope that helps ;)

Most Active