Darn! I Could Have Had a V8!

Building A Cocoon
on 9/26/07 10:59 pm - South Central PA, PA
Most of us are so anxious to have surgery that we start to overlook the obvious. Little emotional and physical things that will, must happen for you to be successful. Preparation seems complete but there's always something you forget!

What do you wish you had done that you didn't? Followed your liquid diet better? Prepared your family more? Spoke with a therapist? Found OH sooner?

Please share. I'm very curious!
Dragons1Beast ~
on 9/26/07 11:39 pm - Pensacola, FL
As far as my surgery goes, I really can't think of anything that I would wish I had done differently.   I have honestly had a very easy time since my surgery.  No real complications (surgery related anyways), I have lost 176 lbs in 2 yrs time and am maintaining.   I was so afraid pre-surgery to "not" follow my pre-diet that I followed it to a t - and am very thankful for my families understanding when I cried because I wanted food and didn't want to cheat because my surgery would have been cancelled.   My family was just as prepared as I was... so every thing we learned, we learned together.   I think we did just fine.  Therapy?  I'm not a believer in it.. personal reasons that I won't go into.  As for OH, I was directed to this site about 2 wks after my surgery.    I have learned a lot from this site as I have gazed thru here.    Over all experience?  A good one in my book.. no regrets whatsoever.   Kim

If a turtle is without a shell, is he homeless or naked??  www.myspace.com/beastsdragon

Building A Cocoon
on 9/27/07 4:34 am - South Central PA, PA
I'm hoping to be well planned too. I know that there is going to be something I forget but I want to cover the bases! Ty for answering.
barbiej
on 9/26/07 11:40 pm - Goodlettsville, TN
I wish that I could understand why the drs office takes so long in setting up appt.s.  and why.  The sooner they get their paperwork in order and sent to the insurance company, the sooner process begins.  congrats019.gif image by tngirl59Barb

Building A Cocoon
on 9/27/07 4:35 am - South Central PA, PA
I hope this hospital does what they are known to do and stack everything very well. I don't know if at the point that I"m done with this 6mo. Supervised I'll be able to wait another second!
Linda_S
on 9/27/07 3:46 am - Eugene, OR
I wish I would have planned two months off after surgery.  I really didn't need it physically, but just emotionally, it would have been so nice.  I guess maybe you can tell I'm at work (on a break) and not having such a great day. Fall term at a University is the PITS! I'd rather be home quilting! Linda

Success supposes endeavor. - Jane Austen

Building A Cocoon
on 9/27/07 4:33 am - South Central PA, PA
I worked in a college for over 7 years. Oh yeah... it's the pits alright! Makes you wanna scream! I wish you had more time but I know you'll pull through it!
Terrif
on 9/27/07 3:48 am - Acworth, GA

i wish i had saved enough time off to have more time off post surgery and to have more help at home while i was recovering.  My disability made it really tough on me to get around.  I am just now starting to feel more like myself

Terri

starting weight 315/current 205/goal 120

Building A Cocoon
on 9/27/07 4:35 am - South Central PA, PA
I've seen that a lot on the boards. I can't begin to imagine!
Most Active