OT * What would you have in your dream kitchen?

DonnaMaria
on 1/1/08 3:42 am
I am finally getting my dream kitchen after 19 years of marriage. What would you have in your dream kitchen to make your life easier? So far I want: an island a garbage disposal a ho****er fountain so I don't have to boil water for tea Please give me your wishes so I don't forget anything! Thanks, Donna
Susan S.
on 1/1/08 3:48 am - Roselle, NJ
I just renovated my kitchen and I did a farm house apron sink - and I adore it..it's huge.....and wonderful - undermounted (quartz countertop).......so easy to clean and maintain.    I didn't do a garbage disposal as I compost and am mostly a vegetarian.......I did an RO system - cold water only - as I wanted to get rid of the poland spring bottle in the corner - having a ho****er option on that would have been great but I didn't have room.   I also recommend improving lighting - there are lots of options now......and better lighting is amazing.....and work with a good kitchen designer - to maximize every inch of space.   I know a great kitchen contractor (I'm in NJ too) if you want a recommendation.      Susan
Obesity Help Support Group Leader - The Woman Warrior
286/170/131 (starting/goal/current)
LBL - 10-30-08, brachioplasty/augmentation 2-26-09, medial thigh lift 3-16-09
Plastics - Dr. Joseph Fodero

286/170/140/131 (starting weight/goal/surgeons goal/current)

LBL 10-30-08 - Joseph Fodero
Brachioplasty/Breast Augmentation - 2=24-09

Jean M.
on 1/1/08 3:49 am
Revision on 08/16/12
I'd want the island and garbage disposal, too.  Also an automatic dishwasher and maybe a trash compactor.  Also, they have cool kitchen cabinets specially built to hold things like baking tins and other kitchen gear.  I'd want the biggest fridge/freezer unit I could get.  A granite countertop.  Um, can't think of anything else.  I don't think I'm ever getting a dream kitchen in this lifetime.  We're still trying to save enough money to replace the nasty 25-yr-old carpeting throughout the house.  I envy you! Jean
Jazelle Hall
on 1/1/08 3:51 am - Orange Park, FL
RNY on 08/07/06 with

A maid.

Lost 170 now between 150-160. Century Cards  go to http://swords.cc/ohcc/oh_card.html Just copy one of the cards styles there and use a paint program to put your name on it and save as a gif or jpeg. Sorry I can't do up seperate cards any more.

Susan S.
on 1/1/08 3:53 am - Roselle, NJ
The best answer yet!!!!! LOL........Susan
Obesity Help Support Group Leader - The Woman Warrior
286/170/131 (starting/goal/current)
LBL - 10-30-08, brachioplasty/augmentation 2-26-09, medial thigh lift 3-16-09
Plastics - Dr. Joseph Fodero

286/170/140/131 (starting weight/goal/surgeons goal/current)

LBL 10-30-08 - Joseph Fodero
Brachioplasty/Breast Augmentation - 2=24-09

Jazelle Hall
on 1/1/08 4:03 am - Orange Park, FL
RNY on 08/07/06 with
I dont' like to spend any more time in the kitchen than I have to now. It's mainly a room on the way to the bathroom to me. Yea I get a bit or two from it but it's not a main focus any more. -Jaz
 Lost 170 now between 150-160. Century Cards  go to http://swords.cc/ohcc/oh_card.html Just copy one of the cards styles there and use a paint program to put your name on it and save as a gif or jpeg. Sorry I can't do up seperate cards any more.

sandyfeets
on 1/1/08 3:51 am - Jacksonville, FL
RNY on 12/20/05 with

Ok--you said DREAM

A double wall oven. 

HUGE kickass gas cooktop.... 6 burners baby!! Middle two convert to a griddle. 

Down draft ventilation... no huge stove hood/fan.

Bottom cupboards with pull out shelves....no more down on the knees looking for stuff. 

Two sinks... one very deep farmhouse style and then another small one for hand/veggie washing.. both with garbage disposals.  BOTH must have big goose neck faucets...with sprayers. 

Refrigerator drawers... in addition to the whatever dream fridge you end up geetting.  Here is the URL for Kitchen-Aids model

http://www.kitchenaid.com/catalog/product.jsp?src=Undercounter+&+Drawer+Refrigerators&cat=1236&prod=1311

Uhhh yeahhh I think that is a good start!! 

KellyMASS
on 1/1/08 3:51 am - MA
Just one thing .. A Dishwasher!..
Panni removal on 8*31*09~11lbs of skin removed!
353/324.5/299/180/165.. At ultimate goal! on 8/31/09/current 155lbs!!! 9/8/09
high/consult(4/18/07)/surgery weight/hopeful goal/ultimate goal
Surgery date 12/04/07...299 lbs... Ticker is from consult date.

Vegas_ T.
on 1/1/08 3:54 am - Las Vegas, NV
RNY on 09/03/03 with
My favorite subject!!! I just had my house built and made a few mistakes that I wish I could go back and have done from the beginning, now I have to go back and redo them 1. Granite counters 2. 48 inch CD refrigerator 3. Glass in some of the cabinet fronts  4. Dacor double ovens 5. Dish drawers 6. 36 in thermador cooktop I have to say really pay attention when you are designing your cabinets.  I had a trash pullout put in, baking rack cabinet.  I did 3 banks of drawers on the bottom instead of cabinets and I wish I did more. Have fun and keep us posted on your progress.  checkout www.gardenweb.com and go to the home forum area.  They have everything broken down and those people are amazing with their creativity!!!!

IMG_4593-1.jpg image by taralynn21475          IMG_8653-1.jpg image by taralynn21475     

Danielle B.
on 1/1/08 3:56 am - Mason city, IA

Heated tile floors!! I hate cold feet. Granite counters. Giant bay window.  I can't wait for my dream kitchen.......many years from now!!

Most Active