PLEASE Help - Get a pet from your local shelter!!

Amy Y.
on 5/15/03 3:27 pm - Augusta, GA
Help save a life - adopt from your local shelter. Thanks!
Lise W.
on 5/17/03 11:09 am - Mattoon, IL
I already did 2 years ago and she is wonderful!! Read about Chrysy under Dog Comnpanion at the Dogs Messageboard. I love her to death! ;-]
wendyma
on 11/16/03 8:17 am - Dallas, Tx
I totally agree! Either the shelter or a Rescue Group. Big Organizations like the SPCA like to look good on the news and in the papers...but in actuality it is the Rescue'ers that do all the hard work and get nothing. The SPCA is SUPPOSE to take a dog back that it adopts out if the people can no longer keep it. I rescue dogs and specialize in American Pit Bull Terriers, a lady called me and said she adopted a male "Boxer/Mix" that turned out to be a Pit Bull and now it is fighting her UN-NEUTERED Male dog....first of all, you dont adopt a Pit Bull to someone who has the same sex of dog at home, You do not adopt a dog to a person who has an un altered dog at home and foremost you dont LIE about what breed it is! I called the SPCA and asked them about this situation and was told "We usually take dogs back but we will probally just euthenize it since it is showing aggression toward dogs..you can take it if you want to!" First of all....All dogs have some type of animal agression...2nd Pit Bulls have it more so than other breeds and should not be KILLED because of it, and secondly Dont put your problems off on a rescuer when you are the one sitting there with 100's of thousands of dollars in your bank account!!! Good God, there are people that get paid 3 figures a year working at the SPCA.....I have to PAY out money to save dogs....and I dont kill any of mine (unless they show human aggression).
Most Active