My SR adopted baby...

Lindaanne
on 3/12/06 1:50 am - SSP, MN
Shes a maltipoo that was neglected...no food and her nails were growing into her pads. She had no muscle tone in her at all. We have had her for a month and a week. Shes awesome but she gets up 2 to 3 times a night and its wearing on my husband and I. I try to limit liquids before bed....and Im thinking of kenneling her at night. Shes currently sleeping with us. Can anyone offer some words of wisdom? She weighs 4.5 pounds now...and is eating well and currently on an antibiotic for 7 teeth that had to be pulled Thank you!!
cathyniehues
on 3/16/06 8:29 pm - Hay Springs, NE
Linda, We just recently adopted a shiz tsu that was abused. We now have four dogs and three cats. Most of them rescued. All our dogs are kenneled trained except the oldest. It is the best thing we did for the dogs and ourselves. They are put in their kennel at night and when we are gone. The kennel is their safe place and they can relax. It does take a couple of days for them to settle down in the kennel but well worth it. They also are better trained to go to the bathroom on a schedule and they won't potty in their bed (kennel). We wash their bedding every weekend which helps our lab with his allergies. Our vet also said that the dogs are well adjusted for what they had gone through. We just purchase a pet taxi (porter) from Wal-Mart. It has to be just big enough for the dog to lay down and turn around in. They will get protective of they space and use it when they need down time from all the action if the door is left open for them. I really hope this help with your decision with your new baby. Wishing you the best. Cathy
Most Active