I just wanna eat what i want again.

Videoman23
on 7/9/13 9:59 am

I didn't hate being fat, it was who i was and i accepted it... but my family kept bereting me with words like unhealthy or gross... I wasn't even unhealthy, before surgery all my doctors kept telling me how healthy i was, just overweight... I like food, not just eating it everything about it, I believe food is one of the best things in the world for everyone it sustains life, makes you ahppy and can bring people together... but now food is a miserabel experience for me, vomiting up things i liked, sustaining on vitamins and whatever i can keep down... the stomach aches the mood swings, and worst of all the restrictions, i hate restrictions not being able to do what makes you happy is worse then death to me... you can call me foolish for putting all my happiness into food, but everythig else fals to make me feel better. i'm supposed to be on the soft food stage but all the new foods come back up so i'm still effectively in purred... theres no joy in food anymore... or anything else... i'm at the end of my rope. I plan to reverse this surgery as soon as i am able both medically and fiscally.

LonestarReggae
on 7/22/13 4:53 pm

Sorry that you feel that way. What I went through and continue to go through is a grieving process. The loss of not being able to depend on food anymore. Right now you just had your surgery and you are very emotional. I had a revison and I have been there twice, but with the DS it was worse. For your health and success I suggest you see your personal counselor or therapist, support group, and your faith if you have one. Also the support of your family and friends. I wish you a speeding recovery and healing.

cappy11448
on 8/9/13 7:22 am

I hope it gets better for you soon.  I found the first 8 weeks difficult.  I could only eat about 1. to 2 ounces of food at a meal, and the thought of eating made me queasy..  But I'm now three months out and its getting better.  I can eat about 4 to 5 ounces, and I am adding more variety.  So it does get better.  Hang in there.

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

Ayorama
on 8/19/13 7:34 am - Surrey, Canada

3 months out and you've lost 117 lbs???? you rock!!!  

Tracy D.
on 8/26/13 3:53 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I told my husband a few days ago that this surgery has kind of sucked all the joy and "fun" out of eating.  But then again, that's how I got to be as big as I was.   It's OK to enjoy food, but it was never meant to be entertainment and I'm pretty sure not a single ancestor of mine thought it would bring "joy" to their life either. 

I would encourage you to work with a therapist to find other things that are fun and bring joy into your life. I'm hoping that at almost 6-7 weeks after you posted your original thoughts, that things are looking up and you're feeling better. 

All the best!

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Ladytazz
on 10/7/13 3:47 pm

It sounds like you are pretty newly post op.  You are going though a typical buyers remorse phase.  Most of us had it.  It is a combination of recovering from major surgery along with hormones released with fat we are losing and the grieving of our past use of food.  It does and will get better and at some point you will have a new normal.  You won't always get sick when you eat and you will soon be able to enjoy healthier versions of the foods you love.  

My family has a lot of get together's around eating.  We celebrate birthdays by  taking the birthday person out to their favorite place, we have holidays and birthday parties, potlucks and all kinds of occasions.  It is still the same for me.  I still enjoy food, I enjoy eating and enjoy the company of others around food.  Give it time.  I think it was about 6 months before I felt somewhat normal.  I have always gone out to eat with my boyfriend and daughter on his day off and I continued to do so even less then a week after surgery.  I have always been able to find things I like no matter where we go but for the first few months I felt different and it wasn't something I looked forward to and then at around 6 months out we went out and I had my first salad, a fancy chicken and some kind of fruit thing and I remember eating it and feeling normal again.  I didn't get sick or anything, I just at a meal like anyone else and enjoyed it.

Now at 3 years out it just is.  I don't eat things with sugar or gluten in it but there are so many things available without those things that I don't miss anything.  I can eat most anything without those things, just smaller amounts, which is fine with me because for the first time in my life I can get satisfied with a normal amount.  I usually start out looking at my plate and thinking "that will never fill me up" and after a few bites I am thinking "I will never be able to finish all this".  It really is a good feeling.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Endoscopic sleeve
stephgfl · 2 replies · 868 views
The last 35 month
julielynn · 3 replies · 8467 views
Misery Loves Company
lbmg · 1 replies · 9030 views
I want it reversed!
fatfifty · 8 replies · 11003 views