Anyone take Mobic ?

Ready4 AChange
on 12/2/08 3:37 am - Upper Chichester, PA
Celebrex doesn't seem to be helping my hands . I asked my pcp about Mobic and he said he thought I would be able to take that. Has anyone tried that and have you had any side affects ?
Thanks

Sandy  

ribbon.gif image by Ready4Achange Remember.......  Click to Give .....Hunger, Breast Cancer, literacy, rain f                                                                                         orest, animal rescue and CHILD HEALTH

Desiree N.
on 12/15/08 9:53 pm - Marietta, GA
Hi,

I've taken Mobic after two car accidents and for my arthritis.  It's very gentle and the surgeon that now runs the department where I had my surgery didn't have a problem with it.   Much more gentle then diclofenac aka Voltaren.  I can't get my insurace company to approve Celebrex for me.  I liked that alot but Mobic comes in two doses 7.5 or 15 mg.   I have had no issues with it at all. Of course any nsaid has stomach risks but the surgeon thought in moderation it wasn't that jarring on the pouch.   

It is an NSAID but doesn't have the hard stomach effects like when you take Ibuprofen. That gave me terrible reflux  when it was all I had to take.

Desiree
Surgery April 7, 2003
Never reached my goal still hoping though!
Shirley-In-Bama
on 1/25/09 12:21 pm - morris, AL
I was put back on Mobic 6 months after WLS. I was taking Celebrex because it was supposedly better on my stomach but, the results were not as good on my joints. I have not had any problems with the Mobic but I did not have RNY and I don't know if our issues with medications are the same.
**********Southern Born and Southern Bred**********
90 Pounds Gone!!!
1stReneeMarie
on 2/2/09 7:01 am - Pataskala, OH
Hi there....My surgeon, Dr. Patricia Choban states that Mobic is the only NSaid that is ok . All Docs have their own idea I reckon but ,I thought seeing how I take it for DDD and Severe Arthritis and Post Back surgery that I would let you know.
ALSO!!!!! I spoke with my Pharmicist and Mobic  comes in Liquid form in case you need a break on swallowing pills after your WLS.
Hope this helps a little.
Good Luck and God Bless
Renee

Each Blink~Each Breath~From Birth to Death,
Is a Gift....And I am Forever Grateful........

DustyLady
on 2/5/09 9:29 am - OH
I started out taking Celebrex, until that stopped working.  Then I took Bextra, until the FDA said it was unsafe.  Then I took Mobic for a couple of years, until it stopped working as well.  I don't recall any stomach problems with any of these.
tinalvn
on 6/2/09 5:45 pm - Santa Margarita, CA
I have RA/Lupus and have been taking Mobic for about 4 years.  It works great for me, and no side effects.  I had my surgery 11 months ago, and I am 126 lbs gone.  I also take Prednisone, and infusion IV of Orencia, and the combo gives me a life.  I am not superwoman, but I am able to live without as much pain.  I also started on Duragesic patches for 6 herniated discs.  I also am 41 with both knees replaced, so that gives you an idea of what I am dealing with.  They feel it started with Juvenile RA.  My daughter tested positive at 16, and my Mom is crippled, and unable to walk at 61 due to the same problems.  Anyway the pain patches work wonderful.  Side effects for me are dizziness, drowsiness occasionally.  Another good thing to try is Lidoderm patches.  These all are absorbed through your skin, and don't effect your stomach.  I hope some of this helps.  I had a big flare up when I had my surgery, and it took me a good 5 months to recover.  I still have real issues with fatigue.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Bone Density Low
nesterpoe · 0 replies · 96 views
Intense knee pain?
Nknerr · 1 replies · 2332 views
Butrans patch
mermaidoz · 5 replies · 3540 views
Exercise where to start???
fiercebynature · 4 replies · 4804 views