My rheumy has changed my life!

(deactivated member)
on 5/30/09 2:16 pm, edited 5/30/09 2:24 pm

I don't normally post here, because I have lupus and fibromyalgia, but this can help with arthritis, too.

A week ago, I went for my regular appointment with my rheumy.  I was having very bad pain in my knees (combination of too much weight and SLE), and she gave me a topical med called Voltaren Gel.    I also get Euflexxa injections into my knee joints, but I'm not due for more until July.

She rubbed some on the worst knee, and within minutes...I was WALKING PAIN-FREE!

I have since started walking without my cane (combination of Voltaren and losing 91 pounds!), though I'm still feeling off balance to a degree, but I can manage to walk through the supermarket now with a regular shopping cart.

The great thing about this drug is that I apply it with my hands, and that knocks out the pain in my joints there as well!

Just sharing info that may help; I don't work for the company that makes the stuff!
Cindy W.
on 5/31/09 12:49 pm

I agree  it does work fast ! I have Osteoarthritis   and my Dr. prescribed it for me . It really works good but the downside for me is you aren't suppose to get in the sun while your using it and I like being outside . I guess a lot of medication is like that though .

(deactivated member)
on 6/1/09 1:01 am

Cindy-

Oh, no!  I rode ariund all weekend with my sunroof open!  No harm done, though!
Cindy W.
on 6/1/09 1:58 am
Jazzbabe , I live in Fl. and being in the sun is a big part of my life . We go to the beach and do things outdoors alot  . Probably, if the area is coverd for short periods of time maybe it won't hurt . Ask your Doc. about it . I use it on my neck , spine , arm , shoulder and right knee only at night or when I know I am not going to be in the sun and I don't use it everyday . I probably should but I don't . Here lately I'm having trouble sleeping because I can't get comfortable so know I will have to use it more often or get another treatment . Funny thing is I don't hurt that bad during the day  when I am active . As long as I'm moving I'm not hurting . Glad that it works for you and hooray ! on the 91 lb. wt. loss and not having to use your cane ! That is wonderful . Gook luck and keep up the good work your doing great ! ~ Cindy
(deactivated member)
on 6/1/09 3:31 am

Cindy-

I only use it on my knees, and they're covered ALL the time!  Haven't had the benefit of reconstructive surgery yet, so my legs will be covered until then, which is a long way down the road.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Bone Density Low
nesterpoe · 0 replies · 96 views
Intense knee pain?
Nknerr · 1 replies · 2332 views
Butrans patch
mermaidoz · 5 replies · 3540 views
Exercise where to start???
fiercebynature · 4 replies · 4804 views