Knee Replacements at age 40??

Tam Tam
on 8/20/10 4:02 pm - Chanhassen, MN
I needed a Total Knee Replacement in my Right knee. When Surgeon told me that in Oct 2008 I started crying. At that Point I already had meniscus tear Surgery 2x's. I felt everytime I tore my Meniscus. I leaned down at work and it pulled my knee. That was the last time. 3x at that point. Went to see the Ortho Dr and he said Total Knee this time. I was 38 Years Old and the youngest one in the Hospital that had a Replacement done. I felt very out of Place but not sorry I had it done. I could hardly walk at the time because of so much pain. I do need my Left one replaced but am waiting to have that done till after my RNY. Want to see if losing weight will make a difference. Yes it does Hurt but to me the PT was the hardest. I cried cause that hurt me so much. But at the end of the day I was Glad that I decided to get it replaced
havertwins
on 7/11/11 10:10 am - Rhinelander, WI
RNY on 08/07/06 with
Hi Everyone!  Thanks so much for the replies.  Sorry that I haven't posted in so long.  I did end up having a total knee replacement on my left knee in March 2010.  Everything went well, and then all of a sudden about 4 months post op, I started having a lot of pain and could not bend it as much.  Well, do make a long sorry short, it ended up having an infection.  I had the replacement taken out in October 2010, and was without a knee for 5 months.  I had another replacement put back in in March 2011.  I have been doing pretty good so far, with the left, but now just went to the doctor for my right one.  They are doing an MRI on it and if they do not find anything tore, then I will end up having that one replaced.  To make matters worse, I also have it in my hips.  Not sure what to do with that.  So hard to beleive that at the age of 40 I feel like I am falling apart. 
(deactivated member)
on 9/2/10 7:17 pm - Guilin, XX
hi ,i am soyy to hear that ,but i believe you will come out the difficulty,some of my friend  has been tryed another treatment ,such as  Tuina and acupuncture ,
Most Active
Recent Topics
Bone Density Low
nesterpoe · 0 replies · 121 views
Intense knee pain?
Nknerr · 1 replies · 2365 views
Butrans patch
mermaidoz · 5 replies · 3561 views
Exercise where to start???
fiercebynature · 4 replies · 4828 views