Need new mattress advice PLEASE!!

davemdg
on 2/24/10 1:06 pm

Hi All! - Sleeved on 3/2/2009 - HW was 417; CW: 256! (I'M LOVING IT!!) 

But, I've worn out my 3rd mattress in 12 years and I wake up daily in horrible back, neck and/or hip pain!  After extensive research, I'm strongly considering a Sealy "Meadow Crest" LATEX mattress WITHOUT a 'pillow top' (I've learned the hard way that in 3-4 years ALL pillow tops bear a strong resemblance to the Grand Canyon coincidentally with your exact body outline!).

The new latex mattresses feel incredible -  like NOTHING I've ever experienced  - I'm almost 'giddy' at the thought of sleeping on it every night! But I thought I'd first ask my fellow 'former-fatties' ... Am I making the right move???  I HATE the feel of the 'smart foam' - It's like sleeping on play dough & it squeezes your body  to the point where you have to struggle to get out of bed  and I will NEVER go back to traditional coil innerspring mattresses and finally, Inflatable sleep beds are not an option for me. 

I'm a new person with a different body now  - Has any fellow sleever slept any length of time on a LATEX mattress AFTER losing all the weight?? I'd REALLY appreciate any advice before shelling out nearly $3,000.

THANKS Y'ALL!!!
Dave in Louisiana
s/ Dave from Louisiana's Cajun Country

[Dear Lord: Please DELIVER ME from the humorless people of the world!] 

happydsr
on 2/25/10 10:09 am
Wendy R.
on 3/5/10 11:39 am - Divide, CO
I am not sure why no inflatable. It can change with you. I have a sleep number and LOVE it. My husband can have his firmness, I can have mine and I now don't bounce him out of bed with my tossing and turning.
They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength!  

steve40004
on 3/11/10 11:04 am - Bardstown, KY
Yes, I have one of these.  Spirit Sleep  I love it., and it's cheaper than the Tempurpedic.
Tammy D.
on 5/9/10 3:55 pm
My Mom got a latex bed a month ago - she says it is difficult to move around on during the night so she often doesn't, but she is also quite happy with how she wakes up feeling.

I have an Boyd Night Air bed which is 2 bladders in a tray of firm foam and an envelop that makes it look like and handle like a traditional mattress.  It is a million times better than the air mattresses from days gone by.  Depending upon your reasons for staying away from them, you might reconsider that as well.

I agree pillow tops are a terrible terrible joke once they are a few years old.
I don't know anyone who has had a latex bed for many years. 

Good luck!
(deactivated member)
on 6/13/10 1:29 pm
Personally, I would like a tempurpedic.  Prior to my hip resurfacing, I found a new Posterpedic pillowtop mattress to be painful.  I added an extra 4 inch foam topper which worked for a few years.  Later I had shoulder/neck pain related to the topper.  I know a number of people happy with the sleep number, but some have mold problems and have to be replaced.  In the long run, from my research tempurpedic seems to be the best long term option.

Vickie
disabled_nurse
on 5/21/11 3:10 pm - Bogalusa, LA
hey fellow Louisianian............................i LOVE my generic latex matress from walmart, ordered on line, came in small box, inflates to full size mattress.........................they also carry them at Sam's. Will never have another mattress with springs in it!!!!!!

southernlady5464
on 6/30/10 9:33 am
Most Active
Recent Topics
Bone Density Low
nesterpoe · 0 replies · 109 views
Intense knee pain?
Nknerr · 1 replies · 2346 views
Butrans patch
mermaidoz · 5 replies · 3551 views
Exercise where to start???
fiercebynature · 4 replies · 4815 views