Vimovo and Cymbalta for Arthritis

LaughingCow
on 10/24/11 5:27 am - VA
VSG on 02/01/12 with
I just started this combination and I can't tell you how happy I am with it.  I stood through all four songs during the church service on Sunday.  Can't remember the last time I did that!

The Vimovo has Naproxin (NSAID) and Nexium (acid reflux med) in it, so not an option for everybody.  But to be honest, I think the Cymbalta is what is really making the difference b/c I haven't gotten that much relieve from Naproxin in the past. 

Cymbalta has only relatively recently been approved for use for chronic pain and arthritis. It has helped more than anything I've taken except narcotics. I wanted to mention it b/c I know a lot of people can't take NSAIDS and if you can get some relief from Cymbalta it's a good option. 
Amy
VSG on 2/1/12 with Dr. Halmi
ilovmesla2
on 11/28/11 12:13 pm
Hi, Amy.  Thanks for the information about the meds. I will discuss this with my surgeon then PCP. I have awful arthritis in both knees.  I recently was in such good pain control with 2 Aleve twice a day and 1 baby aspirin daily (well, I started the aspirin at the recommendation of my cardiologist - who knew?!).  As soon as I had a good 3 weeks of minimal pain, it was time to stop the meds - 7 days prior to my VSG.  I was told by my nurse practitioner that I may not be able to return to the aspirin and NSAIDs because it places VSG patients at increased risk for ulcers, even in the long term.  This post gives me some hope.

Congrats on getting an approval for your VSG. I had my VSG 6 days ago.
Sheryl
Most Active
Recent Topics
Bone Density Low
nesterpoe · 0 replies · 101 views
Intense knee pain?
Nknerr · 1 replies · 2337 views
Butrans patch
mermaidoz · 5 replies · 3543 views
Exercise where to start???
fiercebynature · 4 replies · 4807 views